This is the PowerTech™ series of our 6R140 transmission lineup. The 6R140 was introduced by Ford for the 2011 model year as a successor to the weaker 5R110 transmission. The advent of the 6.7L Power Stroke in the F-Series Super Duty pickup trucks left them forced to design another drivetrain alternative for the newfound power. The product was the often durable but still deeply flawed 6R140 transmission.
Fortunately, we have gone back to the drawing board in the interest of creating a product where the priorities of longevity, durability and practical use were all equal. The result was our responsive and versatile PowerTech™ 6R140 Transmission.
Note: This is a complete transmission, not a rebuild kit. If you would like to build this transmission at home yourself, or have a transmission shop that you’d like to have build your transmission, you can use our rebuild kit version of this transmission. You can see the PowerTech™ 6R140 Rebuild Kit here:
>>> PowerTech™ 6R140 Rebuild Kit w/ Torque Converter (600HP)
Why Choose a PowerTech™ Series Transmission?
Have added power? Enjoy putting it to the floor, but want a reliable daily-driver too? For decades, you’ve had to choose. With the advent of the Next Gen Drivetrain™ PowerTech™ Series transmissions, this is easily achievable with a 100% bolt-in package. Next Gen Drivetrain™ PowerTech™ Series products are designed to combine the reliability and longevity of EconoMax™ and Xtreme Tow™ series products, with the play-factor of Project Carbon™ series products.
These transmissions will feature robustly upgraded pumps, valve bodies, torque converters and friction materials whilst also consisting of a complete and total remanufacturing in excess of all OEM specifications. PowerTech™ Series transmissions shift quickly and crisply, operate at comfortably low temperatures and are designed to optimize for longevity, performance, power delivery and direct OEM compatibility.
You can find PowerTech™ Series transmissions in everything from tow-trucks, to weekend street builds, to hot-rods to daily driven vehicles who simply have power. Their blend of instant shifts, tight tolerances and tremendous reliability make them an attractive option for the demographic looking for an middle-upper level transmission with top shelf reliability.
If that isn’t attractive enough, these transmissions feature a 2 year, unlimited mile warranty. If you’re looking to take advantage of Next Gen Drivetrain™’s most coveted technology in a daily-drivable package, the PowerTech™ Series transmission is a beautiful and highly rewarding option.
Why Choose Next Gen Drivetrain, Inc.?
Next Gen Drivetrain, Inc. is a Veteran Owned and Operated company in gorgeous San Diego, California that specializes in engineering, developing and manufacturing the height of automotive transmission technology. Unlike most transmission companies that simply buy often foreign-made parts from their supplier, rebuild a transmission and sell it to you at an upcharge, Next Gen Drivetrain, Inc. is not a transmission shop or simple transmission rebuilding facility. We are an engineering and manufacturing firm specializing in automotive transmission technology, ranging from exotic imports to muscle cars to diesel trucks.
We’ve invented dozens and dozens of different unique transmission parts from nothing that are exclusive to Next Gen Drivetrain™, not to mention developing over 100 different custom transmission and torque converter build sheets. We do not sell our popular inventions such as our Project Carbon™ valve body upgrade kits to other large transmission companies, making Next Gen Drivetrain™Next Gen products truly unique to Next Gen Drivetrain. Next Gen Drivetrain™ parts are proprietarily engineered in-house and manufactured right here in San Diego, California.
Further, everything we develop is designed to be the highest quality and best functioning component first, with all other metrics secondary. For example, things made of Aluminum will often be Steel or Tungsten at Next Gen Drivetrain™. Things that are cast at other companies will often be CNC Machined at Next Gen Drivetrain™, and so on. When purchasing a Next Gen Drivetrain™, you can be assured that you’ve chosen the most premium option available, far more than some basic updates and a colorful painted exterior.
We highly encourage you to compare our build sheets to any similarly priced product by a so-called “competitors” as you will see Next Gen Drivetrain™ products have no true equivalent, featuring the most extensive set of deliverables at their respective costs. Best of all, we are always just a phone call away, and happy to discuss your personal needs at length to ensure you’ll love your new product. Procuring your transmission through Next Gen Drivetrain™ is truly boutique experience. Call in and speak to an expert today!
This unit is best for:
- Daily Driving
- Stock to Moderate Power Increases
- Long-Lasting Clutch Materials
- Freeway Pulls/Boost Launching
- Firm but Predictable Shifts
- Commercial Use
- Heavy Payload
Our 10-Step Transmission Remanufacturing Process:
- The first step in our remanufacturing process is a complete and total disassembly and inspection of all internal components, including the torque converter, geartrain, hydraulics, clutches and/or electronics.
- All wear components, such as bushings, bearings, washers, gaskets, seals, O-Rings, clutches, steels and more, are thrown away regardless of their health or usability, even if brand new.
- An intense cleaning session using the highest quality cleaning agents available to modern manufacturing ensues, steam tanking and hand cleaning these parts for up to 8 hours.
- We begin our inspection of the few remaining core hard parts to ensure that they are 100% re-usable, unworn and undamaged. Should a core part (such as a case) be irreparably deficient or unusable, it is properly discarded and replaced with a brand new one.
- At this point, the assembly process begins. All components consistent with your build sheet are staged and the proper machining, assembly and calibration of the product begins.
- Upon completion of all assembly, applicable components are individually tested on their respective machinery to ensure proper function and integrity, specifically hydraulics and electronics.
- At this point, final assembly begins. All pre-assembled internal components are then completed within the case, tested and forwarded to quality assurance.
- Prior to leaving our facility, a separate team member then inspects the final product, ensuring that the product matched the build sheet, and finishing touches like sensors or pan bolts are retorqued to assure future success for our product.
- At this point, the completed transmission is crated, the logistics of delivering your product are coordinated, and the item will proceed to shipping to prepare for embark to it’s new home.
- Upon completion of the 9 previous steps, you will receive notification of the product’s completion, passage of our quality control measures, and tracking information once applicable!
PowerTech™ 6R140 Build Specifications:
- Billet Project Carbon™ Torque Converter
- Billet Lockup Apply Piston
- Raybestos High Performance Clutch and Steel Stack-Ups
- Billet Impeller Hub
- Billet CNC Machined Stator
- Billet Torque Converter Cover
- Billet Quad-Disk Lockup Mechanism
- TCC Apply Boost Valve Kit
- O-Ringed End Plug Kit
- Internal O-Ringed End Plug Kit
- Billet Intermediate Shaft
- Billet 4-5-6 Hub Assembly
- Billet Accumulator Pistons (3)
- Converter Limit Valve, Sleeve & Spring
- Recalibrated Accumulator Springs (3)
- Custom Converter Clutch
- Recalibrated Accumulator Spring Set
- Precision Flattened Valve Body Mating Surfaces
- Precision Flattened Oil Pump Mating Surfaces
- Steel Laser-Cut Separator Plate w/ Custom Oil Circuitry
- Updated OEM Center Support
Next Gen Drivetrain™ Proprietary Drainback Circuit Modification
- Raybestos High Performance OD Clutch & Steel Kit w/ Added Clutches
- Raybestos High Performance Intermediate & Steel Kit w/ Added Clutches
- Raybestos High Performance Direct Friction & Steel Kit w/ Added Clutches
- Raybestos High Performance Forward Friction & Steel Kit w/ Added Clutches
- Raybestos High Performance L/R Friction & Steel Kit
- OEM Solenoid Set
- Extra Deep Transmission Pan
- OEM Torrington Roller Bearing Kit
- OEM Speed Sensors
- OEM Paper/Rubber Gasket & Seal Kit
- OEM Updated Anti-Cavitation Filter
The 6R140 is nothing new, and neither are it’s problems. Fortunately, we have invested the time and understanding necessary to ensure that this transmission succeeds for the future. Through the modifications we perform to the hydraulics, friction elements, electronics and otherwise, we believe our PowerTech™ 6R140 is ready for the challenge. If you have further questions, feel free to call and talk to one of our experts!