This is the “All-In-One” series of our 6R140 transmission rebuild kit lineup. The 6R140 was introduced by Ford for the 2011 model year as a successor to the weaker 5R110 transmission. The advent of the 6.7L Power Stroke in the F-Series Super Duty pickup trucks left them forced to design another drivetrain alternative for the newfound power. The product was the often durable but still deeply flawed 6R140 transmission.
Fortunately, we have gone back to the drawing board in the interest of creating a product where the priorities of longevity, durability and practical use were all equal. The result was our responsive and versatile Xtreme Tow™ 6R140 Transmission, now available in rebuild kit format.
Note: This is a rebuild kit, not a complete transmission. If you would like a complete transmission with our 2 Year / Unlimited Mile warranty, see our durable Xtreme Tow™ 6R140 Transmission here:
>>> Xtreme Tow™ 6R140 w/ Torque Converter (600HP)
Ford 6R140 Product Resources:
- 6R140 Transmissions
- 6R140 Torque Converters
- 6R140 Rebuild Kits
- 6R140 Valve Bodies
- 6R140 Parts
Popular Transmission Information Resources:
- Top 5 Benefits of an Upgraded or Built Transmission
- Calculating Torque Multiplication Factor, Why is it So Important?
- Top 5 Ways to Extend the Life of a Factory Transmission
This unit is best for:
- Daily Driving
- Stock Power
- Long Lasting Clutch Materials
- Firm but Predictable Shifts
- Commercial Use
About Next Gen Drivetrain™ Transmission Rebuild Kits:
There are two main problems that most will come across when buying a rebuild kit for their transmission. The first problem, is the kit simply not having the parts needed to finish the job. Many rebuild kits come with gaskets and seals, a friction module and a shift kit. Although these are all justifiable purchases, they leave someone committed to “doing it right” with much to be desired. At Next Gen Drivetrain™, this problem is simply nonexistent. We are proud to include every last component necessary to not only complete the job, but complete it properly and not have to purchase additional parts like electronics or bushings elsewhere.
Secondly, it is just short of a standard for rebuild kits to possess different parts than what is used in the actual product. (i.e. lower quality clutches than what are used in the manufactured product) At Next Gen Drivetrain™, we simply disagree. Our high performance rebuild kits are comprised of the exact same parts that we use in our own complete transmission builds, down to the clutch material. It may be a common practice for the rebuild kit to hail in comparison to the real deal, but at Next Gen Drivetrain™, this is no more.
Xtreme Tow™ 6R140 Rebuild Specifications:
- Raybestos High Performance Clutch and Steel Stack-Ups
- TCC Apply Boost Valve Kit
- O-Ringed End Plug Kit
- Internal O-Ringed End Plug Kit
- Billet Accumulator Pistons (3)
- Converter Limit Valve, Sleeve & Spring
- Recalibrated Accumulator Springs (3)
- Recalibrated Accumulator Spring Set
- Raybestos High Performance OD Clutch & Steel Kit
- Raybestos High Performance Intermediate & Steel Kit
- Raybestos High Performance Direct Friction & Steel Kit
- Raybestos High Performance Forward Friction & Steel Kit
- Raybestos High Performance L/R Friction & Steel Kit
- OEM Solenoid Set
- OEM Torrington Roller Bearing Kit
- OEM Speed Sensors
- OEM Paper/Rubber Gasket & Seal Kit
- OEM Updated Anti-Cavitation Filter
The 6R140 is nothing new, and neither are it’s problems. Fortunately, we have invested the time and understanding necessary to ensure that this transmission succeeds for the future. Through the modifications we perform to the hydraulics, friction elements, electronics and otherwise, we believe our Xtreme Tow™ 6R140 is ready for the challenge. If you have further questions, feel free to call and talk to one of our experts!