Introduction to the Xtreme Tow™ 5R110 Transmission w/ Torque Converter (600HP):
The factory torque converter is a well documented failure point in 5R110 transmissions. At Next Gen Drivetrain™, we offer a host of enhanced options designed to accommodate any and all applications superbly. Our Xtreme Tow™ 5R110 Transmission w/ Torque Converter (600HP) is a multi-talented option designed for even the most demanding work applications, or a simple reliability-first replacement to a compromised OEM torque converter. These products are known for their longevity, smooth driving feel and affordability as compared to unnecessary racing-oriented alternatives.
Ford 5R110 Product Resources:
- 5R110 Transmissions
- 5R110 Torque Converters
- 5R110 Rebuild Kits
- 5R110 Valve Bodies
- 5R110 Parts
Popular Transmission Information Resources:
- Top 5 Benefits of an Upgraded or Built Transmission
- Calculating Torque Multiplication Factor, Why is it So Important?
- Top 5 Ways to Extend the Life of a Factory Transmission
Why Choose an Xtreme Tow™ Series Product?
Xtreme Tow™ Series transmissions are a unique series of transmissions developed by Next Gen Drivetrain™, specifically for our truck and SUV customers seeking the ultimate work-horse. These transmissions generally feature upgraded pumps, valve bodies, torque converters, drums and friction materials whilst also consisting of a complete and total remanufacturing in excess of all OEM specifications.
Xtreme Tow™ Series transmissions shift crisp but modestly, operate at comfortably low temperatures and are designed to optimize for longevity, low cost of lifetime maintenance and direct OEM compatibility while also capacitating the added power of potential modifications that are common in the working-vehicle community.
You can find Xtreme Tow™ Series transmissions in everything from tow-trucks, to over-achieving daily drivers to modestly upgraded family trucks. Its low cost of maintenance and tremendous durability make them an attractive option for the majority of people looking for a mid level transmission with top shelf reliability.
If that isn’t attractive enough, these transmissions feature a 2 year, unlimited mile warranty. If you’re looking for a maxed-out reliability build, short of unnecessary racing parts that are not relevant to your application, the Xtreme Tow™ Series transmission is the pristine option for you.
Why Choose Next Gen Drivetrain, Inc.?
Next Gen Drivetrain, Inc. is a Veteran Owned and Operated company in gorgeous San Diego, California that specializes in engineering, developing and manufacturing the height of automotive transmission technology. Unlike most transmission companies that simply buy often foreign-made parts from their supplier, rebuild a transmission and sell it to you at an upcharge, Next Gen Drivetrain, Inc. is not a transmission shop or simple transmission rebuilding facility. We are an engineering and manufacturing firm specializing in automotive transmission technology, ranging from exotic imports to muscle cars to diesel trucks.
We’ve invented dozens and dozens of different unique transmission parts from nothing that are exclusive to Next Gen Drivetrain™, not to mention developing over 100 different custom transmission and torque converter build sheets. We do not sell our popular inventions such as our Project Carbon™ valve body upgrade kits to other large transmission companies, making Next Gen Drivetrain™ products truly unique to Next Gen Drivetrain™. Next Gen Drivetrain™ parts are proprietarily engineered in-house and manufactured right here in San Diego, California.
Further, everything we develop is designed to be the highest quality and best functioning component first, with all other metrics secondary. For example, things made of Aluminum will often be Steel or Tungsten at Next Gen Drivetrain™. Things that are cast at other companies will often be CNC Machined at Next Gen Drivetrain™, and so on. When purchasing a Next Gen Drivetrain™, you can be assured that you’ve chosen the most premium option available, far more than some basic updates and a colorful painted exterior.
We highly encourage you to compare our build sheets to any similarly priced product by a so-called “competitors” as you will see Next Gen Drivetrain™ products have no true equivalent, featuring the most extensive set of deliverables at their respective costs. Best of all, we are always just a phone call away, and happy to discuss your personal needs at length to ensure you’ll love your new product. Procuring your transmission through Next Gen Drivetrain™ is truly boutique experience. Call in and speak to an expert today!
Xtreme Tow™ Products are Best For:
- Stock to Moderate Power Increases
- Daily Driving
- Slightly Firmer Than Stock Shifts
- Faster Shifting
- Extreme Towing/Hauling
- Commercial/Industrial Use
- Ultra-High Longevity
- Low Cost of Lifetime Maintenance
- Low Operating Temperatures
- Off-Road Use
Our 10-Step Torque Converter Remanufacturing Process:
- The first step in our remanufacturing process is a complete and total disassembly and inspection of all internal components, including the pump, turbine, TCC, Stator, Sprag and Hubs.
- All wear components, such as bushings, bearings, washers, gaskets, seals, O-Rings, clutches, steels and more, are thrown away regardless of their health or usability, even if brand new.
- An intense cleaning session using the highest quality cleaning agents available to modern manufacturing ensues, steam tanking and hand cleaning these parts for up to 8 hours.
- We begin our inspection of the few remaining core hard parts to ensure that they are 100% re-usable, unworn and undamaged. Should a core part (such as a pump) be irreparably deficient or unusable, it is properly discarded and replaced with a brand new one.
- At this point, the assembly process begins. All components consistent with your build sheet are staged and the proper machining, assembly and calibration of the product begins.
- Upon completion of all assembly, applicable components are individually tested on their respective machinery to ensure proper function, balance and integrity, specifically hydraulics and electronics.
- At this point, final assembly begins. All pre-assembled internal components are then stacked, welded, balanced and tested one final time before being forwarded to quality assurance.
- Prior to leaving our facility, a separate team member then inspects the final product, ensuring that the product matched the build sheet, and finishing touches like deburring and weld marks are perfect and consistent with Next Gen Drivetrain™ standards.
- At this point, the completed Billet Torque Converter is boxed safely, and the logistics of delivering your product are coordinated, and the item will proceed to shipping to prepare for embark to it’s new home.
- Upon completion of the 9 previous steps, you will receive notification of the product’s completion, passage of our quality control measures, and tracking information once applicable!
Xtreme Tow™ 5R110 Build Specifications:
- Billet Xtreme Tow Torque Converter Assembly
- Billet Torque Converter Cover
- CNC Machined Stator Assembly
- Billet Triple Friction Lockup Mechanism
- Welded + Reinforced Coast-Clutch Drum Assembly
- Billet Apply Piston
- Billet Impeller Hub
- Billet O-Ringed End Plug Set
- Furnace Brazed Impeller & Pump Fins
- Raybestos GPZ Low/Reverse Friction Set
- Raybestos GPZ Direct Friction Set
- Raybestos GPZ Intermediate Friction Set
- Raybestos GPZ Forward Friction Set
- Raybestos GPZ Overdrive Friction Set
- SpeedSync™ Low/Reverse Steel Set
- SpeedSync™ Direct Steel Set
- SpeedSync™ Intermediate Steel Set
- SpeedSync™ Forward Steel Set
- SpeedSync™ Overdrive Steel Set
- Steel NeverLeak™ Pressure Regulator Valve w/ Recalibrated Spring
- Billet Anodized NeverLeak™ Manual Valve Assembly
- Laser Cut Crushing Valve Body Separator Plate Set
- Separator Plate Gasket Set
- Bronze Bushings w/ No-Walk Case Bushing Update
- Updated Intermediate Mechanical Diode Assembly
- Updated Low/Reverse Mechanical Diode Assembly
- Precision Flattening of All Mating Surfaces
- Cast Aluminum Deep Pan w/ Drain Plug
- Vent Relocation Modification
- Anodized TCC Control Plunger Valve Kit
- Anodized Converter Pressure Limit Valve Kit
- 2X Thicker Low/Reverse Snap Ring Assembly
- Modified EPC Solenoid w/ Updated Plunger
- New OEM Thrust Washer Set
- New OEM Solenoid Set
- New OEM Range Sensor
- New OEM Input Speed Sensor
- New OEM Output Speed Sensor
- New OEM Bearing Set
- New OEM Paper & Rubber Gasket Set
- New OEM Piston Set
- New OEM Internal Wiring Harness
- Project Carbon™ Valve Body Assembly
- Project Carbon™ High Pressure Oil Pump Assembly
If you're looking for an ultra-durable work-horse that puts reliability and drivability at it's forefront, the Xtreme Tow™ 5R110 Transmission w/ Torque Converter (600HP) is the trusted option. This torque converter is designed to accommodate everything from daily driving to the demanding severe-duty work environments, and all in-between. Have more questions? Call in and speak to one of our experts today!