This is our Xtreme Tow™ version of the new General Motors 8 Speed 8L90-E Transmission. The coveted Xtreme Tow™ series of transmissions is now available for the tumultuous and unpredictable 8L90-E. This is the successor to the now historical 6L80-E and 6L90-E transmission.
Plagued by torque converter and valve body issues, the complicated 8L90-E transmission is often rejected by transmission remanufacturing companies. Many facilities do not want to rebuild them due to how excessively complicated they are. Fortunately, we at Next Gen Drivetrain™ are unphased by this, and have invented a host of upgrades to ensure a reliable and capable 8L90-E transmission.
Why Choose an Xtreme Tow™ Series Transmission?
Xtreme Tow™ Series transmissions are a unique series of transmissions developed by Next Gen Drivetrain™, specifically for our customers seeking the ultimate work-horse or for gas applications, a maxed out longevity build that supports added power. These transmissions generally feature upgraded pumps, valve bodies, torque converters, drums and friction materials whilst also consisting of a complete and total remanufacturing in excess of all OEM specifications.
Xtreme Tow™ Series transmissions shift crisp but modestly, operate at comfortably low temperatures and are designed to optimize for longevity, low cost of lifetime maintenance and direct OEM compatibility while also capacitating the added power of potential modifications that are common in the working-vehicle community.
You can find Xtreme Tow™ Series transmissions in everything from tow-trucks, to over-achieving daily drivers to modestly upgraded family trucks. Its low cost of maintenance and tremendous durability make them an attractive option for the majority of people looking for a mid level transmission with top shelf reliability.
If that isn’t attractive enough, these transmissions feature a 2 year, unlimited mile warranty. If you’re looking for a maxed-out reliability build, short of unnecessary racing parts that are not relevant to your application, the Xtreme Tow™ Series transmission is the pristine option for you.
Why Choose Next Gen Drivetrain, Inc.?
Next Gen Drivetrain, Inc. is a Veteran Owned and Operated company in gorgeous San Diego, California that specializes in engineering, developing and manufacturing the height of automotive transmission technology. Unlike most transmission companies that simply buy often foreign-made parts from their supplier, rebuild a transmission and sell it to you at an upcharge, Next Gen Drivetrain, Inc. is not a transmission shop or simple transmission rebuilding facility. We are an engineering and manufacturing firm specializing in automotive transmission technology, ranging from exotic imports to muscle cars to diesel trucks.
We’ve invented dozens and dozens of different unique transmission parts from nothing that are exclusive to Next Gen Drivetrain™, not to mention developing over 100 different custom transmission and torque converter build sheets. We do not sell our popular inventions such as our Project Carbon™ valve body upgrade kits to other large transmission companies, making Next Gen Drivetrain™ products truly unique to Next Gen Drivetrain™. Next Gen Drivetrain™ parts are proprietarily engineered in-house and manufactured right here in San Diego, California.
Further, everything we develop is designed to be the highest quality and best functioning component first, with all other metrics secondary. For example, things made of Aluminum will often be Steel or Tungsten at Next Gen Drivetrain™. Things that are cast at other companies will often be CNC Machined at Next Gen Drivetrain™, and so on. When purchasing a Next Gen Drivetrain™, you can be assured that you’ve chosen the most premium option available, far more than some basic updates and a colorful painted exterior.
We highly encourage you to compare our build sheets to any similarly priced product by a so-called “competitors” as you will see Next Gen Drivetrain™ products have no true equivalent, featuring the most extensive set of deliverables at their respective costs. Best of all, we are always just a phone call away, and happy to discuss your personal needs at length to ensure you’ll love your new product. Procuring your transmission through Next Gen Drivetrain™ is truly boutique experience. Call in and speak to an expert today!
Our Xtreme Tow™ products are best for:
- Daily Driving
- Stock to Moderate Power Increases
- Long-Lasting Clutch Materials
- Firm but Predictable Shifts
Our 10-Step Remanufacturing Process:
- The first step in our remanufacturing process is a complete and total disassembly and inspection of all internal components, including the torque converter, geartrain, hydraulics, clutches and/or electronics.
- All wear components, such as bushings, bearings, washers, gaskets, seals, O-Rings, clutches, steels and more, are thrown away regardless of their health or usability, even if brand new.
- An intense cleaning session using the highest quality cleaning agents available to modern manufacturing ensues, steam tanking and hand cleaning these parts for up to 8 hours.
- We begin our inspection of the few remaining core hard parts to ensure that they are 100% re-usable, unworn and undamaged. Should a core part (such as a case) be irreparably deficient or unusable, it is properly discarded and replaced with a brand new one.
- At this point, the assembly process begins. All components consistent with your build sheet are staged and the proper machining, assembly and calibration of the product begins.
- Upon completion of all assembly, applicable components are individually tested on their respective machinery to ensure proper function and integrity, specifically hydraulics and electronics.
- At this point, final assembly begins. All pre-assembled internal components are then completed within the case, tested and forwarded to quality assurance.
- Prior to leaving our facility, a separate team member then inspects the final product, ensuring that the product matched the build sheet, and finishing touches like sensors or pan bolts are retorqued to assure future success for our product.
- At this point, the completed transmission is crated, the logistics of delivering your product are coordinated, and the item will proceed to shipping to prepare for embark to it’s new home.
- Upon completion of the 9 previous steps, you will receive notification of the product’s completion, passage of our quality control measures, and tracking information once applicable!
Xtreme Tow™ 8L90-E Build Specifications:
- EconoMax™ High Performance Torque Converter
- Custom Stall Speed
- Billet CNC Machined Stator
- High Energy Friction Lockup Mechanism
High Energy Custom A Clutch Stackup
High Energy Custom B Clutch Stackup
High Energy Custom C Clutch Stackup
High Energy Custom D Clutch Stackup
High Energy Custom E Clutch Stackup
Next Gen Drivetrain™ SpeedSync™ Laser Cut A Clutch Steels
Next Gen Drivetrain™ SpeedSync™ Laser Cut B Clutch Steels
Next Gen Drivetrain™ SpeedSync™ Laser Cut C Clutch Steels
Next Gen Drivetrain™ SpeedSync™ Laser Cut D Clutch Steels
Next Gen Drivetrain™ SpeedSync™ Laser Cut E Clutch Steels
- Deep Transmission Pan
- Billet CNC Machined Accumulation System System
- OEM Solenoid Set
- OEM Speed Sensor Set
- OEM Internal Wiring Harness
- OEM Gasket & Seal Set
- OEM Filter Set
- OEM Bushing Set
- OEM Thorrington Roller Bearing Set
- Project Carbon™ Oil Pump Assembly w/ Steel Pump Gear
- Project Carbon™ Valve Body Assembly
- Laser-Cut Bonded Separator Plate w/ Custom Oil Circuitry
- Steel Pressure Relief Check Ball Update
- Hardened Steel Oil Pump Gear
- Precision Flattening of all Mating Surfaces
- Coated Steel Pump Vein Update
- New OEM Pump Gear Shell
It's no secret that the GM 8L90-E Transmission was simply not prepared for life as it came from the factory. Clients seeking to run larger tires, tow frequently, implement tuning or any other strenuous addition to the vehicle are bound to see immediate inhibitions to the shift quality of the transmission and will be destined for repeated transmission failure. Our Xtreme Tow™ transmission is designed to resolve these concerns for clients whose priorities are utility, longevity and enhanced durability. Still have questions? Call in and speak to one of our experts!