Xtreme Tow™ 10L1000 Transmission w/ Torque Converter (600HP)
This is our Xtreme Tow™ version of the newer Allison 10 Speed 10L1000 Transmission. At this time, this is the only way we feel the 10L1000 can be built to withstand added power safely, without skipping out on potentially critical longevity upgrades as well. One thing that should be noted about the Allison 10L1000 is that this transmission is a fraternal twin of the Ford TorqShift 10 Speed 10R140.
In fact, this transmissions internal components are largely interchangeable with those of the Ford, the parent engineer of this product. Though this is generally a robust and durable transmission, it is inundated with easy to address problems that simply require some data analysis and technical understanding.
Why Choose an Xtreme Tow™ Series Transmission?
Xtreme Tow™ Series transmissions are a unique series of transmissions developed by Next Gen Drivetrain™, specifically for our truck and SUV customers seeking the ultimate work-horse. These transmissions generally feature upgraded pumps, valve bodies, torque converters, drums and friction materials whilst also consisting of a complete and total remanufacturing in excess of all OEM specifications.
Xtreme Tow™ Series transmissions shift crisp but modestly, operate at comfortably low temperatures and are designed to optimize for longevity, low cost of lifetime maintenance and direct OEM compatibility while also capacitating the added power of potential modifications that are common in the working-vehicle community.
You can find Xtreme Tow™ Series transmissions in everything from tow-trucks, to over-achieving daily drivers to modestly upgraded family trucks. Its low cost of maintenance and tremendous durability make them an attractive option for the majority of people looking for a mid level transmission with top shelf reliability.
If that isn’t attractive enough, these transmissions feature a 2 year, unlimited mile warranty. If you’re looking for a maxed-out reliability build, short of unnecessary racing parts that are not relevant to your application, the Xtreme Tow™ Series transmission is the pristine option for you.
Why Choose Next Gen Drivetrain, Inc.?
Next Gen Drivetrain, Inc. is a Veteran Owned and Operated company in gorgeous San Diego, California that specializes in engineering, developing and manufacturing the height of automotive transmission technology. Unlike most transmission companies that simply buy often foreign-made parts from their supplier, rebuild a transmission and sell it to you at an upcharge, Next Gen Drivetrain, Inc. is not a transmission shop or simple transmission rebuilding facility. We are an engineering and manufacturing firm specializing in automotive transmission technology, ranging from exotic imports to muscle cars to diesel trucks.
We’ve invented dozens and dozens of different unique transmission parts from nothing that are exclusive to Next Gen Drivetrain™, not to mention developing over 100 different custom transmission and torque converter build sheets. We do not sell our popular inventions such as our Project Carbon™ valve body upgrade kits to other large transmission companies, making Next Gen Drivetrain™ products truly unique to Next Gen Drivetrain™. Next Gen Drivetrain™ parts are proprietarily engineered in-house and manufactured right here in San Diego, California.
Further, everything we develop is designed to be the highest quality and best functioning component first, with all other metrics secondary. For example, things made of Aluminum will often be Steel or Tungsten at Next Gen Drivetrain™. Things that are cast at other companies will often be CNC Machined at Next Gen Drivetrain™, and so on. When purchasing a Next Gen Drivetrain™, you can be assured that you’ve chosen the most premium option available, far more than some basic updates and a colorful painted exterior.
We highly encourage you to compare our build sheets to any similarly priced product by a so-called “competitors” as you will see Next Gen Drivetrain™ products have no true equivalent, featuring the most extensive set of deliverables at their respective costs. Best of all, we are always just a phone call away, and happy to discuss your personal needs at length to ensure you’ll love your new product. Procuring your transmission through Next Gen Drivetrain™ is truly boutique experience. Call in and speak to an expert today!
This unit is best for:
- Daily Driving
- Stock to Moderate Power Increases
- Long-Lasting Clutch Materials
- Freeway Pulls and Street Racing
- Firm but Predictable Shifts
Our 10-Step Remanufacturing Process:
- The first step in our remanufacturing process is a complete and total disassembly and inspection of all internal components, including the torque converter, geartrain, hydraulics, clutches and/or electronics.
- All wear components, such as bushings, bearings, washers, gaskets, seals, O-Rings, clutches, steels and more, are thrown away regardless of their health or usability, even if brand new.
- An intense cleaning session using the highest quality cleaning agents available to modern manufacturing ensues, steam tanking and hand cleaning these parts for up to 8 hours.
- We begin our inspection of the few remaining core hard parts to ensure that they are 100% re-usable, unworn and undamaged. Should a core part (such as a case) be irreparably deficient or unusable, it is properly discarded and replaced with a brand new one.
- At this point, the assembly process begins. All components consistent with your build sheet are staged and the proper machining, assembly and calibration of the product begins.
- Upon completion of all assembly, applicable components are individually tested on their respective machinery to ensure proper function and integrity, specifically hydraulics and electronics.
- At this point, final assembly begins. All pre-assembled internal components are then completed within the case, tested and forwarded to quality assurance.
- Prior to leaving our facility, a separate team member then inspects the final product, ensuring that the product matched the build sheet, and finishing touches like sensors or pan bolts are retorqued to assure future success for our product.
- At this point, the completed transmission is crated, the logistics of delivering your product are coordinated, and the item will proceed to shipping to prepare for embark to it’s new home.
- Upon completion of the 9 previous steps, you will receive notification of the product’s completion, passage of our quality control measures, and tracking information once applicable!
Xtreme Tow™ Allison 10L1000 Build Specifications:
- Billet Lockup Apply Piston
- Billet CNC Machined Stator
- Twin Disk Lockup Mechanism
- High Energy Custom A Clutch Stackup
- High Energy Custom B Clutch Stackup
- High Energy Custom C Clutch Stackup
- High Energy Custom D Clutch Stackup
- High Energy Custom E Clutch Stackup
- High Energy Custom F Clutch Stackup
Next Gen Drivetrain™ SpeedSync™ Laser Cut A Clutch Steels
- Next Gen Drivetrain™ SpeedSync™ Laser Cut B Clutch Steels
- Next Gen Drivetrain™ SpeedSync™ Laser Cut C Clutch Steels
- Next Gen Drivetrain™ SpeedSync™ Laser Cut D Clutch Steels
- Next Gen Drivetrain™ SpeedSync™ Laser Cut E Clutch Steels
- Next Gen Drivetrain™ SpeedSync™ Laser Cut F Clutch Steels
- Deep Transmission Pan
- OEM Solenoid Set
- OEM Internal Mode Switch
- OEM Internal Wiring Harness
- OEM Speed Sensor Set
- OEM Gasket & Seal Set
- OEM Filter Set
- Project Carbon™ Oil Pump Assembly
- Recalibrated Shift Spring Assembly (Enhances Ramp Rates Organically)
- Project Carbon™ Valve Body Assembly
- High Pressure PRV System
With the advent of 10 Speed transmissions, the technical skill necessary to properly understand, reengineer and manufacture these units properly is at an all time high. We have proudly invested our time and efforts to ensure we offer our clients the most competitive offering in reliable, durable and capable transmission technology. If you'd like to know more, call in and speak to one of our experts!