This is the “SuperStock” series of our 4R100 transmission lineup. The 4R100 is a very old transmission platform based on the foundation of the Ford AOD dating back to the 1970’s. This means that the 4R100 is as old as it is outdated, and leaves much to be desired in terms of modern technologies that translate directly into longevity, performance or durability.
Fortunately, we have gone back to the drawing board in the interest of creating a product where the priorities of longevity, durability and practical use were all equal. The result was our responsive and versatile Street 4R100 Transmission.
Note: This is a complete transmission, not a rebuild kit. If you would like to build this transmission at home yourself, or have a transmission shop that you’d like to have build your transmission, you can use our rebuild kit version of this transmission. You can see the “Xtreme Tow” 4R100 Rebuild Kit here:
>>> Xtreme Tow 4R100 Rebuild Kit w/ Torque Converter (550HP)
This unit is best for:
- Daily Driving
- Stock to Light Power Increases
- Long-Lasting Clutch Materials
- Freeway Pulls
- Firm but Predictable Shifts
- Commercial Use
- Heavy Payload
Our 10-Step Transmission Remanufacturing Process:
- The first step in our remanufacturing process is a complete and total disassembly and inspection of all internal components, including the torque converter, geartrain, hydraulics, clutches and/or electronics.
- All wear components, such as bushings, bearings, washers, gaskets, seals, O-Rings, clutches, steels and more, are thrown away regardless of their health or usability, even if brand new.
- An intense cleaning session using the highest quality cleaning agents available to modern manufacturing ensues, steam tanking and hand cleaning these parts for up to 8 hours.
- We begin our inspection of the few remaining core hard parts to ensure that they are 100% re-usable, unworn and undamaged. Should a core part (such as a case) be irreparably deficient or unusable, it is properly discarded and replaced with a brand new one.
- At this point, the assembly process begins. All components consistent with your build sheet are staged and the proper machining, assembly and calibration of the product begins.
- Upon completion of all assembly, applicable components are individually tested on their respective machinery to ensure proper function and integrity, specifically hydraulics and electronics.
- At this point, final assembly begins. All pre-assembled internal components are then completed within the case, tested and forwarded to quality assurance.
- Prior to leaving our facility, a separate team member then inspects the final product, ensuring that the product matched the build sheet, and finishing touches like sensors or pan bolts are retorqued to assure future success for our product.
- At this point, the completed transmission is crated, the logistics of delivering your product are coordinated, and the item will proceed to shipping to prepare for embark to it’s new home.
- Upon completion of the 9 previous steps, you will receive notification of the product’s completion, passage of our quality control measures, and tracking information once applicable!
Xtreme Tow 4R100 Build Specifications:
- Billet “Xtreme Tow” Torque Converter
- Billet Lockup Apply Piston
- Raybestos High Performance Clutch and Steel Stack-Ups
- Billet Direct Pressure Plate
- Billet Turbine Hub
- Billet CNC Machined Stator
- Billet Torque Converter Cover
- Billet Triple Disk Lockup Mechanism
- 4R100 Project Carbon™ Center Support Kit
- CNC Machined Pressure Regulator Boost Valve Upgrade
- Recalibrated 1-2 Shift Valve Spring
- CNC Machined Line Pressure Regulator Valve Upgrade
- CNC Laser Cut "Formula One" Separator Plate
- Recalibrating Shift Spring Set
- Custom Converter Clutch
- Billet Accumulator Piston Set
- Recalibrated Accumulator Spring Set
- Precision Flattened Valve Body Mating Surfaces
- Precision Flattened Oil Pump Mating Surfaces
- Borg Warner Updated 45 Element Sprag (w/ Complete Race)
- Steel Laser-Cut Separator Plate w/ Custom Oil Circuitry
- Updated OEM Center Support
- Next Gen Proprietary Drainback Circuit Modification
- Rigid Style Updated High Performance Band
- Raybestos High Performance OD Clutch & Steel Kit
- Raybestos High Performance Intermediate & Steel Kit
- Raybestos High Performance Direct Friction & Steel Kit
- Raybestos High Performance Forward Friction & Steel Kit
- Raybestos High Performance L/R Friction & Steel Kit
- OEM Solenoid Pack
- Extra Deep Transmission Pan
- OEM Torrington Roller Bearing Kit
- OEM Speed Sensors
- OEM Paper/Rubber Gasket & Seal Kit
- OEM Updated Anti-Cavitation Filter
The 4R100 is nothing new, and neither are it’s problems. Fortunately, we have invested the time and understanding necessary to ensure that this transmission succeeds for the future. Through the modifications we perform to the hydraulics, friction elements, electronics and otherwise, we believe our Xtreme Tow 4R100 is ready for the challenge. If you have further questions, feel free to call and talk to one of our experts!