Back by popular demand is our “SuperStock” series of our 68RFE transmission lineup. The 68RFE is easily one of the most problematic and untrustworthy transmissions that currently plagues the diesel truck world. It is a promising source of overdrive failure, broken input shafts and crossleaking valve bodies to say the very least. We even did a full-length technical publication on the 68RFE, it’s problems and it’s solutions. You can read more here:
>>> Transmissions 101: 68RFE Transmission • Problems & Solutions
Fortunately, we have gone back to the drawing board in the interest of creating a product that was affordable and practical while maintaining all of the necessary updates and improvements to live the longest life possible; a "once and done" transmission. The result was our incredibly long-lasting and crisp-shifting StockPlus 68RFE Transmission.
Note: This is a complete transmission, not a rebuild kit. If you would like to build this transmission at home yourself, or have a transmission shop that you’d like to have build your transmission, you can use our rebuild kit version of this transmission. You can see the “SuperStock” 68RFE Rebuild Kit here:
>>> SuperStock 68RFE Rebuild Kit w/ Torque Converter (550HP)
This unit is best for:
- Daily Driving
- Stock to Light Power Increases
- Long-Lasting Clutch Materials
- Firm but Predictable Shifts
Our 10-Step Transmission Remanufacturing Process:
- The first step in our remanufacturing process is a complete and total disassembly and inspection of all internal components, including the torque converter, geartrain, hydraulics, clutches and/or electronics.
- All wear components, such as bushings, bearings, washers, gaskets, seals, O-Rings, clutches, steels and more, are thrown away regardless of their health or usability, even if brand new.
- An intense cleaning session using the highest quality cleaning agents available to modern manufacturing ensues, steam tanking and hand cleaning these parts for up to 8 hours.
- We begin our inspection of the few remaining core hard parts to ensure that they are 100% re-usable, unworn and undamaged. Should a core part (such as a case) be irreparably deficient or unusable, it is properly discarded and replaced with a brand new one.
- At this point, the assembly process begins. All components consistent with your build sheet are staged and the proper machining, assembly and calibration of the product begins.
- Upon completion of all assembly, applicable components are individually tested on their respective machinery to ensure proper function and integrity, specifically hydraulics and electronics.
- At this point, final assembly begins. All pre-assembled internal components are then completed within the case, tested and forwarded to quality assurance.
- Prior to leaving our facility, a separate team member then inspects the final product, ensuring that the product matched the build sheet, and finishing touches like sensors or pan bolts are retorqued to assure future success for our product.
- At this point, the completed transmission is crated, the logistics of delivering your product are coordinated, and the item will proceed to shipping to prepare for embark to it’s new home.
- Upon completion of the 9 previous steps, you will receive notification of the product’s completion, passage of our quality control measures, and tracking information once applicable!
SuperStock 68RFE Build Specifications:
- Billet Lockup Apply Piston
- Custom Clutch and Steel Stack-Ups
- Billet Turbine Hub
- Billet CNC Machined Stator
- Billet Torque Converter Cover
- Billet Multi-Disk Lockup Mechanism
- Molded Apply Piston Kit
- Custom Double-Sided Converter Clutch
- Billet "Formula One" Accumulator Piston Set
- Billet “Formula One” Channel Plate
- Recalibrated Accumulator Spring Set
- Self Cleaning Low/Reverse Switch Valve
- Steel CNC Ground Solenoid Switch Valve
- Precision Machined SSV Bore
- Precision Flattened Valve Body Mating Surfaces
- Precision Flattened Oil Pump Mating Surfaces
- Bonded Steel Laser-Cut Separator Plate w/ Custom Oil Circuitry
- Steel Accumulator Girdle
- Extra Thick OD Snapring Update
- Central Pump Gear Bushing
- Billet Torque Converter Limit Valve Sleeve
- Polished Pump Separator Plate
- Recalibrated Pump Accumulator Piston Springs
- Next Gen Proprietary Drainback Circuit Modification
- Raybestos GPZ OD Clutch Module
- Raybestos GPZ 2C Clutch Module
- Raybestos GPZ 4C Clutch Module
- Raybestos GPZ L/R Clutch Module
- Raybestos GPZ Reverse Clutch Module
- Raybestos GPZ UD Clutch Module
- Extra Deep Transmission Pan
- OEM Torrington Roller Bearing Kit
- (2) OEM Speed Sensors
- OEM Pressure Transducer
- OEM Solenoid Pack
- OEM Paper/Rubber Gasket & Seal Kit
- OEM Sump Filter
- Billet Spin-On Filter Adapter
- OEM Spin-On Filter
Despite it’s many shortcomings, the 68RFE does have the ability to succeed and prosper. We believe that our SuperStock built 68RFE transmission is the best option available for someone who seeks a long-lasting, heavy duty unit with countless upgrades for the cost of a factory exchange. For more assistance, ask one of our experts!