Introduction to our Project Carbon™ 6L90-E:
Assert dominance on the streets with the coveted Project Carbon™ 6L90-E transmission. For those who may not know, the 6L90-E is based on a very old and outdated platform of 6-Speed Torque Converter style RWD transmissions that were notorious for torque converter failure, internal crossleakage and overheating. This transmission was never designed for the added power, weight or collateral stress of modified vehicles and suffers from poor longevity, a loss in shift quality over time and more. The Project Carbon™ 6L90-E is the premier option for someone seeking a durability solution that wins races and stays cool while even exceeding OEM longevity.
General Motors 6L90-E Product Resources:
- 6L90-E Transmissions
- 6L90-E Torque Converters
- 6L90-E Rebuild Kits
- 6L90-E Valve Bodies
- 6L90-E Parts
Popular Transmission Information Resources:
- Top 5 Benefits of an Upgraded or Built Transmission
- Calculating Torque Multiplication Factor, Why is it So Important?
- Top 5 Ways to Extend the Life of a Factory Transmission
Project Carbon™ Products are Best For:
- Stock to Extreme Power Increases
- Daily Driving
- Moderately Firmer Than Stock Shifts
- Fastest Shifting
- Extreme Towing/Hauling
- Extreme Commercial/Industrial Use
- Ultra-High Longevity
- Low Cost of Lifetime Maintenance
- Lowest Operating Temperatures
- Extreme Off-Road Use
- Boost Launches
- Freeway Pulls/Roll Racing
- Competitive Drag Racing/Sled Pulling
Our 10-Step Transmission Remanufacturing Process:
- The first step in our remanufacturing process is a complete and total disassembly and inspection of all internal components, including the torque converter, geartrain, hydraulics, clutches and/or electronics.
- All wear components, such as bushings, bearings, washers, gaskets, seals, O-Rings, clutches, steels and more, are thrown away regardless of their health or usability, even if brand new.
- An intense cleaning session using the highest quality cleaning agents available to modern manufacturing ensues, steam tanking and hand cleaning these parts for up to 8 hours.
- We begin our inspection of the few remaining core hard parts to ensure that they are 100% re-usable, unworn and undamaged. Should a core part (such as a case) be irreparably deficient or unusable, it is properly discarded and replaced with a brand new one.
- At this point, the assembly process begins. All components consistent with your build sheet are staged and the proper machining, assembly and calibration of the product begins.
- Upon completion of all assembly, applicable components are individually tested on their respective machinery to ensure proper function and integrity, specifically hydraulics and electronics.
- At this point, final assembly begins. All pre-assembled internal components are then completed within the case, tested and forwarded to quality assurance.
- Prior to leaving our facility, a separate team member then inspects the final product, ensuring that the product matched the build sheet, and finishing touches like sensors or pan bolts are retorqued to assure future success for our product.
- At this point, the completed transmission is crated, the logistics of delivering your product are coordinated, and the item will proceed to shipping to prepare for embark to it’s new home.
- Upon completion of the 9 previous steps, you will receive notification of the product’s completion, passage of our quality control measures, and tracking information once applicable!
Project Carbon™ 6L90-E Build Specifications:
- Billet “Project Carbon™ Triple Friction Torque Converter
- Billet Cover
- Billet Stator
- Chromoly Impeller Hub
- Billet TCC Apply Piston
- Billet Overdrive Planetary Assembly w/ Roller Bearings
- Deep Pan
- Billet 1-2-3-4 Apply Piston
- Billet Intermediate Shaft
- Billet 4-5-6 Clutch Hub
- Billet 4-5-6 Backing Plate
- High Energy 4-5-6 Clutches with Additional Frictions & Steels
- Custom 4-5-6 Apply Piston
- Billet SFI Approved Flexplate (Matched to Motor)
- Next Gen Drivetrain™ Project Carbon™ Valve Body
- Next Gen Drivetrain™ Project Carbon™ Pump
- OEM Solenoid Set
- OEM TEHCM (Brand New, NOT Remanufactured)
- OEM Speed Sensors
- OEM Pressure Switch Set
- OEM Thorrington Bearing Set
- OEM Updated Internal Mode Switch
- Bronze Bushings
- Rear Output Planetary Oil Dam Upgrade
- Molded Apply Piston Set
- High Energy Upgraded Frictions
- Next Gen Drivetrain™ Proprietary Laser Cut Polished Steels
- Custom Center Support Feed Update (Prevents the crossleak that causes the common “shutter” condition)
- Billet Steel Clutch Regulator Valve
- Billet Steel Pressure Regulator Valve
- Billet Steel TCC Regulator Valve
- Billet Aluminum End Plug Set
Do not be fooled by counterfeit quality General Motors 6L90-E transmissions. Regardless of your application, Next Gen Drivetrain™ is committed to engineering and manufacturing the most reliable, high quality transmissions achievable for these complex and unique units. Still have questions? Call in and speak to an expert today!