Introduction to the Project Carbon™ 5R110 Transmission w/ Torque Converter (1000HP):
The factory torque converter is a well documented failure point in 5R110 transmissions. At Next Gen Drivetrain™, we offer a host of enhanced options designed to accommodate any and all applications superbly. Our Project Carbon™ 5R110 Transmission w/ Torque Converter (1000HP) is an industry benchmark for customers seeking the height of torque converter technology available for their 5R110 transmission, prepared for any level of rigor or abuse.
Why Choose a Project Carbon™ Series Product?
Unlike anything else on the market, rare and desired Project Carbon™ Series transmissions are the Monarch of our brand. These exhilarating transmissions are track monsters that you can take on a road-trip. We use Project Carbon™ Series transmissions to incorporate all of our available technologies into one product, showing the zenith of our brand’s capabilities. These transmissions will feature maximally upgraded pumps, valve bodies, torque converters, billet hard parts wherever possible and friction materials whilst also consisting of a complete and total remanufacturing in excess of all OEM specifications.
Project Carbon™ products shine both on the road, and on the track. These products shine on the road for their crisp yet tame shifts, low operating temperatures and excellent longevity. Would you believe many of these products are owned by logistics companies who travel cross-country with them? Applications featuring large power additions or highly demanding applications that also desire peace of mind trust Next Gen Drivetrain™ Project Carbon™ products.
Additionally, these products are unrivaled in high-performance applications. When it comes to performance, less time spent shifting is more time spent accelerating. Through this, we have engineered Project Carbon™ products to chew down shift time as quickly as possible, without causing any aggression whatsoever. Project Carbon™ products with torque converters are known to shift nearly as fast as Dual-Clutch transmissions found in the most exclusive performance vehicles, yet smooth enough to provide a comfortable driving experience.
Their blend of instant shifts, tight tolerances and tremendous reliability make them the most aspired option for a peak-level transmission with top shelf reliability. If that isn’t attractive enough, these transmissions feature a 2 year, unlimited mile warranty, just like an EconoMax™ Series transmission. If you’re looking for the climax of automotive transmission technology, Next Gen Drivetrain™ Project Carbon™ Series products are unrivaled, elite and truly extraordinary.
Why Choose Next Gen Drivetrain, Inc.?
Next Gen Drivetrain, Inc. is a Veteran Owned and Operated company in gorgeous San Diego, California that specializes in engineering, developing and manufacturing the height of automotive transmission technology. Unlike most transmission companies that simply buy often foreign-made parts from their supplier, rebuild a transmission and sell it to you at an upcharge, Next Gen Drivetrain, Inc. is not a transmission shop or simple transmission rebuilding facility. We are an engineering and manufacturing firm specializing in automotive transmission technology, ranging from exotic imports to muscle cars to diesel trucks.
We’ve invented dozens and dozens of different unique transmission parts from nothing that are exclusive to Next Gen Drivetrain™, not to mention developing over 100 different custom transmission and torque converter build sheets. We do not sell our popular inventions such as our Project Carbon™ valve body upgrade kits to other large transmission companies, making Next Gen Drivetrain™ products truly unique to Next Gen Drivetrain™. Next Gen Drivetrain™ parts are proprietarily engineered in-house and manufactured right here in San Diego, California.
Further, everything we develop is designed to be the highest quality and best functioning component first, with all other metrics secondary. For example, things made of Aluminum will often be Steel or Tungsten at Next Gen Drivetrain™. Things that are cast at other companies will often be CNC Machined at Next Gen Drivetrain™, and so on. When purchasing a Next Gen Drivetrain™, you can be assured that you’ve chosen the most premium option available, far more than some basic updates and a colorful painted exterior.
We highly encourage you to compare our build sheets to any similarly priced product by a so-called “competitors” as you will see Next Gen Drivetrain™ products have no true equivalent, featuring the most extensive set of deliverables at their respective costs. Best of all, we are always just a phone call away, and happy to discuss your personal needs at length to ensure you’ll love your new product. Procuring your transmission through Next Gen Drivetrain™ is truly boutique experience. Call in and speak to an expert today!
This unit is best for:
- Daily Driving
- Stock to Extreme Power Increases
- Long-Lasting Clutch Materials
- Boost Launching/Freeway Pulls
- Firm but Predictable Shifts
- Commercial/Industrial Use
- Heavy Payload
Our 10-Step Torque Converter Remanufacturing Process:
- The first step in our remanufacturing process is a complete and total disassembly and inspection of all internal components, including the pump, turbine, TCC, Stator, Sprag and Hubs.
- All wear components, such as bushings, bearings, washers, gaskets, seals, O-Rings, clutches, steels and more, are thrown away regardless of their health or usability, even if brand new.
- An intense cleaning session using the highest quality cleaning agents available to modern manufacturing ensues, steam tanking and hand cleaning these parts for up to 8 hours.
- We begin our inspection of the few remaining core hard parts to ensure that they are 100% re-usable, unworn and undamaged. Should a core part (such as a pump) be irreparably deficient or unusable, it is properly discarded and replaced with a brand new one.
- At this point, the assembly process begins. All components consistent with your build sheet are staged and the proper machining, assembly and calibration of the product begins.
- Upon completion of all assembly, applicable components are individually tested on their respective machinery to ensure proper function, balance and integrity, specifically hydraulics and electronics.
- At this point, final assembly begins. All pre-assembled internal components are then stacked, welded, balanced and tested one final time before being forwarded to quality assurance.
- Prior to leaving our facility, a separate team member then inspects the final product, ensuring that the product matched the build sheet, and finishing touches like deburring and weld marks are perfect and consistent with Next Gen Drivetrain™ standards.
- At this point, the completed Billet Torque Converter is boxed safely, and the logistics of delivering your product are coordinated, and the item will proceed to shipping to prepare for embark to it’s new home.
- Upon completion of the 9 previous steps, you will receive notification of the product’s completion, passage of our quality control measures, and tracking information once applicable!
If you're looking for the ultimate in daily drivable dampened torque converter technology, the Project Carbon™ 5R110 Transmission w/ Torque Converter (1000HP) is the premier option. This torque converter is designed to accommodate everything from daily driving to the most extreme build, and all in-between. Have more questions? Call in and speak to one of our experts today!