This is our PowerTech® version of the newer Allison 10 Speed 10L1000 Transmission. At this time, this is the only way we feel the 10L1000 can be built to withstand added power safely, without skipping out on potentially critical longevity upgrades as well. One thing that should be noted about the Allison 10L1000 is that this transmission is a fraternal twin of the Ford TorqShift 10 Speed 10R140.
In fact, this transmissions internal components are largely interchangeable with those of the Ford, the parent engineer of this product. Though this is generally a robust and durable transmission, it is inundated with easy to address problems that simply require some data analysis and technical understanding.
Allison 10L1000 Product Resources:
- 10L1000 Transmissions
- 10L1000 Torque Converters
- 10L1000 Rebuild Kits
- 10L1000 Valve Bodies
- 10L1000 Parts
Popular Transmission Information Resources:
- Top 5 Benefits of an Upgraded or Built Transmission
- Calculating Torque Multiplication Factor, Why is it So Important?
- Top 5 Ways to Extend the Life of a Factory Transmission
Why Choose a PowerTech® Series Transmission?
Have added power? Enjoy putting it to the floor, but want a reliable daily-driver too? For decades, you’ve had to choose. With the advent of the Next Gen Drivetrain™ PowerTech® Series transmissions, this is easily achievable with a 100% bolt-in package. Next Gen Drivetrain™ PowerTech® Series products are designed to combine the reliability and longevity of EconoMax™ and Xtreme Tow™ series products, with the play-factor of Project Carbon™ series products.
These transmissions will feature robustly upgraded pumps, valve bodies, torque converters and friction materials whilst also consisting of a complete and total remanufacturing in excess of all OEM specifications. PowerTech® Series transmissions shift quickly and crisply, operate at comfortably low temperatures and are designed to optimize for longevity, performance, power delivery and direct OEM compatibility.
You can find PowerTech® Series transmissions in everything from tow-trucks, to weekend street builds, to hot-rods to daily driven vehicles who simply have power. Their blend of instant shifts, tight tolerances and tremendous reliability make them an attractive option for the demographic looking for an middle-upper level transmission with top shelf reliability.
If that isn’t attractive enough, these transmissions feature a 2 year, unlimited mile warranty. If you’re looking to take advantage of Next Gen Drivetrain™’s most coveted technology in a daily-drivable package, the PowerTech® Series transmission is a beautiful and highly rewarding option.
Why Choose Next Gen Drivetrain, Inc.?
Next Gen Drivetrain, Inc. is a Veteran Owned and Operated company in gorgeous San Diego, California that specializes in engineering, developing and manufacturing the height of automotive transmission technology. Unlike most transmission companies that simply buy often foreign-made parts from their supplier, rebuild a transmission and sell it to you at an upcharge, Next Gen Drivetrain, Inc. is not a transmission shop or simple transmission rebuilding facility. We are an engineering and manufacturing firm specializing in automotive transmission technology, ranging from exotic imports to muscle cars to diesel trucks.
We’ve invented dozens and dozens of different unique transmission parts from nothing that are exclusive to Next Gen Drivetrain™, not to mention developing over 100 different custom transmission and torque converter build sheets. We do not sell our popular inventions such as our Project Carbon™ valve body upgrade kits to other large transmission companies, making Next Gen Drivetrain™ products truly unique to Next Gen Drivetrain™. Next Gen Drivetrain™ parts are proprietarily engineered in-house and manufactured right here in San Diego, California.
Further, everything we develop is designed to be the highest quality and best functioning component first, with all other metrics secondary. For example, things made of Aluminum will often be Steel or Tungsten at Next Gen Drivetrain™. Things that are cast at other companies will often be CNC Machined at Next Gen Drivetrain™, and so on. When purchasing a Next Gen Drivetrain™, you can be assured that you’ve chosen the most premium option available, far more than some basic updates and a colorful painted exterior.
We highly encourage you to compare our build sheets to any similarly priced product by a so-called “competitors” as you will see Next Gen Drivetrain™ products have no true equivalent, featuring the most extensive set of deliverables at their respective costs. Best of all, we are always just a phone call away, and happy to discuss your personal needs at length to ensure you’ll love your new product. Procuring your transmission through Next Gen Drivetrain™ is truly boutique experience. Call in and speak to an expert today!
PowerTech® Products are Best For:
- Stock to High Power Increases
- Daily Driving
- Slightly Firmer Than Stock Shifts
- Fastest Shifting
- Extreme Towing/Hauling
- Extreme Commercial/Industrial Use
- Ultra-High Longevity
- Low Cost of Lifetime Maintenance
- Lower Operating Temperatures
- Extreme Off-Road Use
- Freeway Pulls/Roll Racing
- Drag Racing/Sled Pulling
Our 10-Step Remanufacturing Process:
- The first step in our remanufacturing process is a complete and total disassembly and inspection of all internal components, including the torque converter, geartrain, hydraulics, clutches and/or electronics.
- All wear components, such as bushings, bearings, washers, gaskets, seals, O-Rings, clutches, steels and more, are thrown away regardless of their health or usability, even if brand new.
- An intense cleaning session using the highest quality cleaning agents available to modern manufacturing ensues, steam tanking and hand cleaning these parts for up to 8 hours.
- We begin our inspection of the few remaining core hard parts to ensure that they are 100% re-usable, unworn and undamaged. Should a core part (such as a case) be irreparably deficient or unusable, it is properly discarded and replaced with a brand new one.
- At this point, the assembly process begins. All components consistent with your build sheet are staged and the proper machining, assembly and calibration of the product begins.
- Upon completion of all assembly, applicable components are individually tested on their respective machinery to ensure proper function and integrity, specifically hydraulics and electronics.
- At this point, final assembly begins. All pre-assembled internal components are then completed within the case, tested and forwarded to quality assurance.
- Prior to leaving our facility, a separate team member then inspects the final product, ensuring that the product matched the build sheet, and finishing touches like sensors or pan bolts are retorqued to assure future success for our product.
- At this point, the completed transmission is crated, the logistics of delivering your product are coordinated, and the item will proceed to shipping to prepare for embark to it’s new home.
- Upon completion of the 9 previous steps, you will receive notification of the product’s completion, passage of our quality control measures, and tracking information once applicable!
PowerTech® Allison 10L1000 Build Specifications:
- Billet Lockup Apply Piston
- Billet CNC Machined Stator
- Twin Disk Lockup Mechanism
- Raybestos GPZ Custom A Clutch Stackup
Raybestos GPZ Custom B Clutch Stackup
Raybestos GPZ Custom C Clutch Stackup
Raybestos GPZ Custom D Clutch Stackup
Raybestos GPZ Custom E Clutch Stackup
Raybestos GPZ Custom F Clutch Stackup
Next Gen Drivetrain™ SpeedSync™ Laser Cut A Clutch Steels
Next Gen Drivetrain™ SpeedSync™ Laser Cut B Clutch Steels
Next Gen Drivetrain™ SpeedSync™ Laser Cut C Clutch Steels
Next Gen Drivetrain™ SpeedSync™ Laser Cut D Clutch Steels
Next Gen Drivetrain™ SpeedSync™ Laser Cut E Clutch Steels
Next Gen Drivetrain™ SpeedSync™ Laser Cut F Clutch Steels
- Deep Transmission Pan
- OEM Solenoid Set
- OEM Internal Mode Switch
- OEM Internal Wiring Harness
- OEM Speed Sensor Set
- OEM Gasket & Seal Set
- OEM Filter Set
- Project Carbon™ Oil Pump Assembly
- Recalibrated Shift Spring Assembly (Enhances Ramp Rates Organically)
- Project Carbon™ Valve Body Assembly
- High Pressure PRV System
Do not be fooled by counterfeit quality Allison 10L1000 transmissions. Regardless of your application, Next Gen Drivetrain™ is committed to engineering and manufacturing the most reliable, high quality transmissions achievable for these complex and unique units. Still have questions? Call in and speak to an expert today!