This is the “Street” series of our Aisin Seiki AS69RC transmission lineup. The Aisin Seiki AS69RC transmission has been both a blessing and a curse to the bleak Chrysler transmission lineup. It may be large and stout, but it is not without multiple common and easily preventable points of failure. Until recently, many of the Aisin’s OEM electronics have been inaccessible to the aftermarket.
At Next Gen, we’ve asserted relationships with some of these companies directly to grant our customers unique access to all of the OEM Aisin Seiki electronics, ensuring a comprehensive and reliable new transmission. Despite this, in factory form it is a promising source of burnt K2 clutches, electronic failures and rounded out K2 hubs, to say the very least; all deep internal failures. Many of which can be seen here:
> Transmissions 101: 68RFE vs Aisin • The Full Length In-Depth Comparison
Fortunately, we have gone back to the drawing board in the interest of creating a product where the priorities of power capability, durability and performance were all the largest priorities. The result was our exciting and powerful “Street” Aisin Seiki AS69RC transmission.
Note: This is a complete transmission, not a rebuild kit. If you would like to build this transmission at home yourself, or have a transmission shop that you’d like to have build your transmission, you can use our rebuild kit version of this transmission. You can see the “Street” Aisin Seiki AS69RC Rebuild Kit here:
> Street Aisin Seiki AS69RC w/ Torque Converter (Rebuild Kit - 700HP)
This unit is best for:
- Daily Driving
- Stock to Moderate Power Increases
- Long-Lasting Clutch Materials
- Freeway Pulls
- Firm but Predictable Shifts
Our 10-Step Transmission Remanufacturing Process:
- The first step in our remanufacturing process is a complete and total disassembly and inspection of all internal components, including the torque converter, geartrain, hydraulics, clutches and/or electronics.
- All wear components, such as bushings, bearings, washers, gaskets, seals, O-Rings, clutches, steels and more, are thrown away regardless of their health or usability, even if brand new.
- An intense cleaning session using the highest quality cleaning agents available to modern manufacturing ensues, steam tanking and hand cleaning these parts for up to 8 hours.
- We begin our inspection of the few remaining core hard parts to ensure that they are 100% re-usable, unworn and undamaged. Should a core part (such as a case) be irreparably deficient or unusable, it is properly discarded and replaced with a brand new one.
- At this point, the assembly process begins. All components consistent with your build sheet are staged and the proper machining, assembly and calibration of the product begins.
- Upon completion of all assembly, applicable components are individually tested on their respective machinery to ensure proper function and integrity, specifically hydraulics and electronics.
- At this point, final assembly begins. All pre-assembled internal components are then completed within the case, tested and forwarded to quality assurance.
- Prior to leaving our facility, a separate team member then inspects the final product, ensuring that the product matched the build sheet, and finishing touches like sensors or pan bolts are retorqued to assure future success for our product.
- At this point, the completed transmission is crated, the logistics of delivering your product are coordinated, and the item will proceed to shipping to prepare for embark to it’s new home.
- Upon completion of the 9 previous steps, you will receive notification of the product’s completion, passage of our quality control measures, and tracking information once applicable!
Street AS69RC Transmission Specifications:
- Billet “Formula One” Torque Converter
- Billet Lockup Apply Piston
- Custom Clutch and Steel Stack-Ups w/ Added Clutches
- Billet Turbine Hub
- Billet CNC Machined Stator
- Billet Torque Converter Cover
- Billet Six Disk Lockup Mechanism
- CNC Laser Cut “Formula One” Seperator Plate (3X Thicker Than OEM!)
- Billet K2 Apply Piston
- Billet K3 Backing Plate
- Billet K2 Backing Plate
- Billet K2 Clutch Hub
- Borg Warner B1 Clutches
- Borg Warner K2 Clutches w/ Added Frictions
- Borg Warner K3 Clutches
- Borg Warner B2 Clutches
- Borg Warner B2 Clutches
- Aluminum B1 Shift Valve
- Aluminum B2 Shift Valve
- Anodized B1 Clutch Control Valve
- Anodized B2 Clutch Control Valve
- Extra Deep Transmission Pan
- (2) OEM Speed Sensors
- OEM Manifold Pressure Switch
- OEM Internal Wiring Harness
- OEM Paper/Rubber Gasket & Seal Kit
- OEM Temperature Sensor
- OEM External Range Sensor
- (5) Billet Accumulator Pistons
- (5) Recalibrated Accumulator Spring Sets
- (5) Accumulator Anti-Leak O-Ring Updates
- AS69RC “Formula One” Oil Pump Assembly
- AS69RC “Formula One” Valve Body Assembly
Despite it’s considerable shortcomings, the Aisin Seiki AS69RC does have all of the ability to succeed and prosper. We believe that our Street Aisin Seiki AS69RC transmission is the best option available for someone who seeks a reliable, responsive and long-lasting unit that’s built for the test of time. For more assistance, ask one of our experts!