This is the Project Carbon™ series of our Aisin Seiki AS68RC transmission. This transmission is known for countless unique and difficult to understand problems that have kept it far away from the aftermarket for years.
To go into greater detail, the factory AS68RC transmission is known for rancid pump and valve body issues that often leave cores damaged beyond worth. It is extremely common that cores that are sent in will be damaged beyond their core value because the pumps have been obliterated.
Beyond this, once the pumps are damaged, they must be purchased in conjunction with a valve body as they are hydromechanically calibrated to one another, and cost over $5,000 brand new, hence why these units are often exceptionally expensive builds.
Many people think because of this that the 68RFE would have been a superior choice. This is not entirely true; we’ve done a Transmissions 101 addressing all of the common questions. You can read more here:
> Transmissions 101: 68RFE vs Aisin • The Full Length In-Depth Comparison
Fortunately, we have gone back to the drawing board in the interest of creating a product where the priorities of power capability, durability and performance were all the largest priorities. The result was our exciting and powerful “Street” Aisin Seiki AS68RC transmission.
Note: This is a complete transmission, not a rebuild kit. If you would like to build this transmission at home yourself, or have a transmission shop that you’d like to have build your transmission, you can use our rebuild kit version of this transmission. You can see the Project Carbon™ Aisin Seiki AS68RC Rebuild Kit here:
> Project Carbon™ Aisin Seiki AS68RC w/ Rebuild Kit Torque Converter (800HP)
This unit is best for:
- Daily Driving
- Stock to Moderate Power Increases
- Long-Lasting Clutch Materials
- Freeway Pulls
- Firm but Predictable Shifts
- Commercial/Industrial Use
- Heavy Payload
Our 10-Step Transmission Remanufacturing Process:
- The first step in our remanufacturing process is a complete and total disassembly and inspection of all internal components, including the torque converter, geartrain, hydraulics, clutches and/or electronics.
- All wear components, such as bushings, bearings, washers, gaskets, seals, O-Rings, clutches, steels and more, are thrown away regardless of their health or usability, even if brand new.
- An intense cleaning session using the highest quality cleaning agents available to modern manufacturing ensues, steam tanking and hand cleaning these parts for up to 8 hours.
- We begin our inspection of the few remaining core hard parts to ensure that they are 100% re-usable, unworn and undamaged. Should a core part (such as a case) be irreparably deficient or unusable, it is properly discarded and replaced with a brand new one.
- At this point, the assembly process begins. All components consistent with your build sheet are staged and the proper machining, assembly and calibration of the product begins.
- Upon completion of all assembly, applicable components are individually tested on their respective machinery to ensure proper function and integrity, specifically hydraulics and electronics.
- At this point, final assembly begins. All pre-assembled internal components are then completed within the case, tested and forwarded to quality assurance.
- Prior to leaving our facility, a separate team member then inspects the final product, ensuring that the product matched the build sheet, and finishing touches like sensors or pan bolts are retorqued to assure future success for our product.
- At this point, the completed transmission is crated, the logistics of delivering your product are coordinated, and the item will proceed to shipping to prepare for embark to it’s new home.
- Upon completion of the 9 previous steps, you will receive notification of the product’s completion, passage of our quality control measures, and tracking information once applicable!
Project Carbon™ AS68RC Build Specifications:
- Billet Project Carbon™ Torque Converter
- Billet Lockup Apply Piston
- Custom Clutch and Steel Stack-Ups w/ Added Clutches
- Billet Turbine Hub
- Billet CNC Machined Stator
- Billet Torque Converter Cage
- Billet Six Disk Lockup Mechanism
- Billet Stator Support Shaft
- Billet SFI Approved Flexplate
- Billet K2 Apply Piston
- Billet K3 Backing Plate
- Billet K2 Backing Plate
- Billet K2 Clutch Hub
- Raybestos GPZ B1 Clutches
- Raybestos GPZ K2 Clutches w/ Added Frictions
- Raybestos GPZ K3 Clutches
- Raybestos GPZ B2 Clutches
- Raybestos GPZ B2 Clutches
- Polished B1 Steel Set
- Polished B2 Steel Set
- Polished K1 Steel Set
- Polished K2 Steel Set w/ Added Steels
- Polished K3 Steel Set
- Aluminum B1 Shift Valve
- Aluminum B2 Shift Valve
- Anodized B1 Clutch Control Valve
- Anodized B2 Clutch Control Valve
- Extra Deep Transmission Pan
- (2) OEM Speed Sensors
- Aisin Seiki OEM Manifold Pressure Switch
- Aisin Seiki OEM Internal Wiring Harness
- Aisin Seiki OEM Paper/Rubber Gasket Kit
- Aisin Seiki OEM Pressure Switch Set
- Aisin Seiki OEM Shift Solenoid Set
- Aisin Seiki OEM Oil Temperature Sensor
Despite it’s considerable shortcomings, the Aisin Seiki AS68RC does have all of the ability to succeed and prosper. We believe that our Project Carbon™ Aisin Seiki AS68RC transmission is the best option available for someone who seeks a reliable, responsive and long-lasting unit that’s built for the test of time. For more assistance, ask one of our experts!