Introduction to our GranTurismo 6L80-E:
For those who may not know, the 6L80-E is based on a very old and outdated platform of 6-Speed Torque Converter style RWD transmissions that were notorious for torque converter failure, internal crossleakage and overheating. This transmission was never designed for the added power, weight or collateral stress of modified vehicles and suffers from poor longevity, a loss in shift quality over time and more. The GranTurismo 6L80-E is the premier option for someone seeking an ultra-durable, long-lasting and crisp-shifting transmission.
This Transmission is best for:
- Daily Driving
- Stock to High Power Increases
- Long-Lasting Clutch Materials
- Freeway Pulls/Moving Launches
- Firm but Predictable Shifts
Our 10-Step Transmission Remanufacturing Process:
- The first step in our remanufacturing process is a complete and total disassembly and inspection of all internal components, including the torque converter, geartrain, hydraulics, clutches and/or electronics.
- All wear components, such as bushings, bearings, washers, gaskets, seals, O-Rings, clutches, steels and more, are thrown away regardless of their health or usability, even if brand new.
- An intense cleaning session using the highest quality cleaning agents available to modern manufacturing ensues, steam tanking and hand cleaning these parts for up to 8 hours.
- We begin our inspection of the few remaining core hard parts to ensure that they are 100% re-usable, unworn and undamaged. Should a core part (such as a case) be irreparably deficient or unusable, it is properly discarded and replaced with a brand new one.
- At this point, the assembly process begins. All components consistent with your build sheet are staged and the proper machining, assembly and calibration of the product begins.
- Upon completion of all assembly, applicable components are individually tested on their respective machinery to ensure proper function and integrity, specifically hydraulics and electronics.
- At this point, final assembly begins. All pre-assembled internal components are then completed within the case, tested and forwarded to quality assurance.
- Prior to leaving our facility, a separate team member then inspects the final product, ensuring that the product matched the build sheet, and finishing touches like sensors or pan bolts are retorqued to assure future success for our product.
- At this point, the completed transmission is crated, the logistics of delivering your product are coordinated, and the item will proceed to shipping to prepare for embark to it’s new home.
- Upon completion of the 9 previous steps, you will receive notification of the product’s completion, passage of our quality control measures, and tracking information once applicable!
GranTurismo 6L80-E Build Specifications:
- Billet “GranTurismo” Twin Friction Torque Converter
- Billet Cover
- Billet Stator
- Chromoly Impeller Hub
- Billet TCC Apply Piston
- Deep Pan
- Billet 1-2-3-4 Apply Piston
- Next Gen Drivetrain “Formula One” Valve Body
- Next Gen Drivetrain “Formula One” Pump
- OEM Solenoid Set
- OEM TEHCM (Brand New, NOT Remanufactured)
- OEM Speed Sensors
- OEM Pressure Switch Set
- High Energy Upgraded Frictions
- Next Gen Proprietary Laser Cut Polished Steels
- OEM Thorrington Bearing Set
- OEM Updated Internal Mode Switch
- Bronze Bushings
- Rear Output Planetary Oil Dam Upgrade
- Molded Apply Piston Set
- Billet Steel Clutch Regulator Valve- Billet Steel Pressure Regulator Valve- Billet Steel TCC Regulator Valve- Billet Aluminum End Plug Set
- Custom Center Support Feed Update (Prevents the crossleak that causes the common “shutter” condition)
Conclusion of our GranTurismo 6L80-E:
Whether you drive a Camaro, an Escalade or a Silverado, the priorities of longevity, low cost of lifetime maintenance and enhanced shift quality are most important for any daily driven vehicle. This transmission serves as the perfect replacement for anything from a stock vehicle looking for an upgraded replacement to a street warrior approaching 750HP. Expect reliability, sustainability and revitalization with the durable GranTurismo 6L80-E Transmission. Still have questions? Call in and speak to an expert today!