EconoMax™ Aisin Seiki AS69RC w/ Torque Converter (500HP)
This is the EconoMax™ series of our Aisin Seiki AS69RC transmission lineup. The Aisin Seiki AS69RC transmission has been both a blessing and a curse to the bleak Chrysler transmission lineup. It may be large and stout, but it is not without multiple common and easily preventable points of failure. Until recently, many of the Aisin’s OEM electronics have been inaccessible to the aftermarket.
At Next Gen Drivetrain™, we’ve asserted relationships with some of these companies directly to grant our customers unique access to all of the OEM Aisin Seiki electronics, ensuring a comprehensive and reliable new transmission. Despite this, in factory form it is a promising source of burnt K2 clutches, electronic failures and rounded out K2 hubs, to say the very least; all deep internal failures. Many of which can be seen here:
> Transmissions 101: 68RFE vs Aisin • The Full Length In-Depth Comparison
Fortunately, we have gone back to the drawing board in the interest of creating a product where the priorities of power capability, durability and performance were all the largest priorities. The result was our exciting and powerful EconoMax™ Aisin Seiki AS69RC transmission.
Note: This is a complete transmission, not a rebuild kit. If you would like to build this transmission at home yourself, or have a transmission shop that you’d like to have build your transmission, you can use our rebuild kit version of this transmission. You can see the EconoMax™ Aisin Seiki AS69RC Rebuild Kit here:
> EconoMax™ Aisin Seiki AS69RC w/ Torque Converter (Rebuild Kit - 500HP)
Why Choose an EconoMax™ Series Transmission?
EconoMax™ Series transmissions are designed to rival the cost of an OEM replacement, but far more reliable, featuring all essentials necessary to withstand the test of time for factory power or lightly modified applications. These transmissions generally feature upgraded pumps, valve bodies, torque converters and friction materials whilst also consisting of a complete and total remanufacturing in excess of all OEM specifications.
EconoMax™ Series transmissions shift smoothly, operate at comfortably low temperatures and are designed to optimize for longevity, low cost of lifetime maintenance and direct OEM compatibility. Further, they're highly affordable given their robust credentials.
You can find EconoMax™ Series transmissions in everything from farm trucks, to construction vehicles to forever cars for your local family of 5. Their blend of concise shifts, low cost of maintenance and tremendous reliability make them an attractive option for the majority of people looking for an entry level transmission with top shelf reliability.
If that isn’t attractive enough, these transmissions feature a 2 year, unlimited mile warranty. We design these units to ensure that clients looking for an affordable and reliable alternative to OEM parts have access to a tremendous option. If you’re looking to take advantage of Next Gen Drivetrain™ technology at an accessible price-point, the EconoMax™ is an incredible choice.
Why Choose Next Gen Drivetrain, Inc.?
Next Gen Drivetrain, Inc. is a Veteran Owned and Operated company in gorgeous San Diego, California that specializes in engineering, developing and manufacturing the height of automotive transmission technology. Unlike most transmission companies that simply buy often foreign-made parts from their supplier, rebuild a transmission and sell it to you at an upcharge, Next Gen Drivetrain, Inc. is not a transmission shop or simple transmission rebuilding facility. We are an engineering and manufacturing firm specializing in automotive transmission technology, ranging from exotic imports to muscle cars to diesel trucks.
We’ve invented dozens and dozens of different unique transmission parts from nothing that are exclusive to Next Gen Drivetrain™, not to mention developing over 100 different custom transmission and torque converter build sheets. We do not sell our popular inventions such as our Project Carbon™ valve body upgrade kits to other large transmission companies, making Next Gen Drivetrain™ products truly unique to Next Gen Drivetrain™. Next Gen Drivetrain™ parts are proprietarily engineered in-house and manufactured right here in San Diego, California.
Further, everything we develop is designed to be the highest quality and best functioning component first, with all other metrics secondary. For example, things made of Aluminum will often be Steel or Tungsten at Next Gen Drivetrain™. Things that are cast at other companies will often be CNC Machined at Next Gen Drivetrain™, and so on. When purchasing a Next Gen Drivetrain™, you can be assured that you’ve chosen the most premium option available, far more than some basic updates and a colorful painted exterior.
We highly encourage you to compare our build sheets to any similarly priced product by a so-called “competitors” as you will see Next Gen Drivetrain™ products have no true equivalent, featuring the most extensive set of deliverables at their respective costs. Best of all, we are always just a phone call away, and happy to discuss your personal needs at length to ensure you’ll love your new product. Procuring your transmission through Next Gen Drivetrain™ is truly boutique experience. Call in and speak to an expert today!
This unit is best for:
- Daily Driving
- Stock to Moderate Power Increases
- Long-Lasting Clutch Materials
- Freeway Pulls
- Firm but Predictable Shifts
Our 10-Step Transmission Remanufacturing Process:
- The first step in our remanufacturing process is a complete and total disassembly and inspection of all internal components, including the torque converter, geartrain, hydraulics, clutches and/or electronics.
- All wear components, such as bushings, bearings, washers, gaskets, seals, O-Rings, clutches, steels and more, are thrown away regardless of their health or usability, even if brand new.
- An intense cleaning session using the highest quality cleaning agents available to modern manufacturing ensues, steam tanking and hand cleaning these parts for up to 8 hours.
- We begin our inspection of the few remaining core hard parts to ensure that they are 100% re-usable, unworn and undamaged. Should a core part (such as a case) be irreparably deficient or unusable, it is properly discarded and replaced with a brand new one.
- At this point, the assembly process begins. All components consistent with your build sheet are staged and the proper machining, assembly and calibration of the product begins.
- Upon completion of all assembly, applicable components are individually tested on their respective machinery to ensure proper function and integrity, specifically hydraulics and electronics.
- At this point, final assembly begins. All pre-assembled internal components are then completed within the case, tested and forwarded to quality assurance.
- Prior to leaving our facility, a separate team member then inspects the final product, ensuring that the product matched the build sheet, and finishing touches like sensors or pan bolts are retorqued to assure future success for our product.
- At this point, the completed transmission is crated, the logistics of delivering your product are coordinated, and the item will proceed to shipping to prepare for embark to it’s new home.
- Upon completion of the 9 previous steps, you will receive notification of the product’s completion, passage of our quality control measures, and tracking information once applicable!
EconoMax™ AS69RC Transmission Rebuild Kit Specifications:
- Billet Xtreme Tow™ Torque Converter
- Custom Clutch and Steel Stack-Ups
- Precision Machined Stator
- Billet Six Disk Lockup Mechanism
- Borg Warner B1 Clutches
- Borg Warner K2 Clutches
- Borg Warner K3 Clutches
- Borg Warner B2 Clutches
- Borg Warner B2 Clutches
- Extra Deep Transmission Pan
- Bronze Bushings
- (2) OEM Speed Sensors
- OEM Manifold Pressure Switch
- OEM Internal Wiring Harness
- OEM Paper/Rubber Gasket & Seal Kit
- OEM Filter
- OEM Temperature Sensor
- OEM External Range Sensor
- AS69RC Project Carbon™ Oil Pump Assembly
- AS69RC Project Carbon™ Valve Body Assembly
Despite it’s considerable shortcomings, the Aisin Seiki AS69RC does have all of the ability to succeed and prosper. We believe that our EconoMax™ Aisin Seiki AS69RC transmission is the best option available for someone who seeks a reliable, heavy duty unit that’s designed for longevity. For more assistance, ask one of our experts!