Introduction to our EconoMax™ 6L80-E:
For those who may not know, the 6L80-E is based on a very old and outdated platform of 6-Speed Torque Converter style RWD transmissions that were notorious for torque converter failure, internal crossleakage and overheating. This transmission was never designed for the added power, weight or collateral stress of modified vehicles and suffers from poor longevity, a loss in shift quality over time and more. The EconoMax™ 6L80-E is the premier option for someone seeking an affordable, long-lasting and crisp-shifting transmission.
General Motors 6L80-E Product Resources:
- 6L80-E Transmissions
- 6L80-E Torque Converters
- 6L80-E Rebuild Kits
- 6L80-E Valve Bodies
- 6L80-E Parts
Popular Transmission Information Resources:
- Top 5 Benefits of an Upgraded or Built Transmission
- Calculating Torque Multiplication Factor, Why is it So Important?
- Top 5 Ways to Extend the Life of a Factory Transmission
EconoMax™ Products are Best For:
- Stock to Light Power Increases
- Daily Driving
- Slightly Firmer Than Stock Shifts
- Faster Shifting
- Commercial/Industrial Use
- Ultra-High Longevity
- Low Cost of Lifetime Maintenance
- Low Operating Temperatures
Our 10-Step Transmission Remanufacturing Process:
- The first step in our remanufacturing process is a complete and total disassembly and inspection of all internal components, including the torque converter, geartrain, hydraulics, clutches and/or electronics.
- All wear components, such as bushings, bearings, washers, gaskets, seals, O-Rings, clutches, steels and more, are thrown away regardless of their health or usability, even if brand new.
- An intense cleaning session using the highest quality cleaning agents available to modern manufacturing ensues, steam tanking and hand cleaning these parts for up to 8 hours.
- We begin our inspection of the few remaining core hard parts to ensure that they are 100% re-usable, unworn and undamaged. Should a core part (such as a case) be irreparably deficient or unusable, it is properly discarded and replaced with a brand new one.
- At this point, the assembly process begins. All components consistent with your build sheet are staged and the proper machining, assembly and calibration of the product begins.
- Upon completion of all assembly, applicable components are individually tested on their respective machinery to ensure proper function and integrity, specifically hydraulics and electronics.
- At this point, final assembly begins. All pre-assembled internal components are then completed within the case, tested and forwarded to quality assurance.
- Prior to leaving our facility, a separate team member then inspects the final product, ensuring that the product matched the build sheet, and finishing touches like sensors or pan bolts are retorqued to assure future success for our product.
- At this point, the completed transmission is crated, the logistics of delivering your product are coordinated, and the item will proceed to shipping to prepare for embark to it’s new home.
- Upon completion of the 9 previous steps, you will receive notification of the product’s completion, passage of our quality control measures, and tracking information once applicable!
EconoMax™ 6L80-E Build Specifications:
- EconoMax™ Twin Friction Torque Converter
- Billet Stator
- Chromoly Impeller Hub
- Deep Pan
- Billet 1-2-3-4 Apply Piston
- Next Gen Drivetrain™ EconoMax™ Valve Body
- Next Gen Drivetrain™ Project Carbon™ Pump
- OEM Solenoid Set
- OEM TEHCM (Brand New, NOT Remanufactured)
- OEM Speed Sensors
- OEM Pressure Switch Set
- High Energy Upgraded Frictions
- Next Gen Drivetrain™ Proprietary Laser Cut Polished Steels
- OEM Thorrington Bearing Set
- OEM Updated Internal Mode Switch
- Bronze Bushings
- Rear Output Planetary Oil Dam Upgrade
- Molded Apply Piston Set
- Billet Steel Clutch Regulator Valve- Billet Steel Pressure Regulator Valve- Billet Steel TCC Regulator Valve- Billet Aluminum End Plug Set
- Custom Center Support Feed Update (Prevents the crossleak that causes the common “shutter” condition)
Do not be fooled by counterfeit quality General Motors 6L80-E transmissions. Regardless of your application, Next Gen Drivetrain™ is committed to engineering and manufacturing the most reliable, high quality transmissions achievable for these complex and unique units. Still have questions? Call in and speak to an expert today!