One of the most common yet complicated transmissions on the market, the ZF 8 speed platform is better than many transmissions yet far from perfect. One of the most prolific failure points is the frail OEM torque converter assembly. Few companies have taken the time to understand how this torque converter works and design a more reliable solution. Fortunately at Next Gen, we've designed a myriad of options to ensure maximum reliability and driving experience for virtually any application.
This unit is best for:
- Daily Driving
- Stock to High Power Increases
- Long-Lasting Clutch Materials
- Boost Launching/Freeway Pulls
- Firm but Predictable Shifts
- Commercial/Industrial Use
Our 10-Step Torque Converter Remanufacturing Process:
- The first step in our remanufacturing process is a complete and total disassembly and inspection of all internal components, including the pump, turbine, TCC, Stator, Sprag and Hubs.
- All wear components, such as bushings, bearings, washers, gaskets, seals, O-Rings, clutches, steels and more, are thrown away regardless of their health or usability, even if brand new.
- An intense cleaning session using the highest quality cleaning agents available to modern manufacturing ensues, steam tanking and hand cleaning these parts for up to 8 hours.
- We begin our inspection of the few remaining core hard parts to ensure that they are 100% re-usable, unworn and undamaged. Should a core part (such as a pump) be irreparably deficient or unusable, it is properly discarded and replaced with a brand new one.
- At this point, the assembly process begins. All components consistent with your build sheet are staged and the proper machining, assembly and calibration of the product begins.
- Upon completion of all assembly, applicable components are individually tested on their respective machinery to ensure proper function, balance and integrity, specifically hydraulics and electronics.
- At this point, final assembly begins. All pre-assembled internal components are then stacked, welded, balanced and tested one final time before being forwarded to quality assurance.
- Prior to leaving our facility, a separate team member then inspects the final product, ensuring that the product matched the build sheet, and finishing touches like deburring and weld marks are perfect and consistent with Next Gen standards.
- At this point, the completed Billet Torque Converter is boxed safely, and the logistics of delivering your product are coordinated, and the item will proceed to shipping to prepare for embark to it’s new home.
- Upon completion of the 9 previous steps, you will receive notification of the product’s completion, passage of our quality control measures, and tracking information once applicable!
ZF 8HP70 PowerTech™ Torque Converter Build Specifications:
- Billet Impeller Hub
- Billet CNC Machined Stator
- Twin-Disk Lockup Mechanism
- Raybestos High Performance Clutch Upgrade
- Custom Dampener Assembly
- OEM Torrington Roller Bearing Kit
- OEM Gasket & Seal Kit
If you're looking for the ultimate in daily drivable dampened torque converter technology, the Project Carbon™ Billet Twin-Disk Torque Converter for the ZF 8-Speed Transmission. This torque converter is designed to accommodate everything from daily driving to intense power, and all in-between. Have more questions? Call in and speak to one of our experts today!