This is our Xtreme Tow™ version of the new Ford 10 Speed 10R140 Transmission. At this time, this is the only way we feel the 10R140 can be built to withstand added power safely, without skipping out on potentially critical longevity upgrades as well. One thing that should be noted about the Ford 10R140 is that this transmission is a fraternal twin of the Allison 10L1000, although Ford is the mastermind behind most of the project.
In fact, this transmissions internal components are largely interchangeable with those of the Allison. Though this is a robust and durable transmission, it is inundated with easy to address problems that simply require some data analysis and technical understanding.
Our Xtreme Tow™ products are best for:
- Daily Driving
- Stock to Moderate Power Increases
- Long-Lasting Clutch Materials
- Freeway Pulls and Street Racing
- Firm but Predictable Shifts
Our 10-Step Remanufacturing Process:
- The first step in our remanufacturing process is a complete and total disassembly and inspection of all internal components, including the torque converter, geartrain, hydraulics, clutches and/or electronics.
- All wear components, such as bushings, bearings, washers, gaskets, seals, O-Rings, clutches, steels and more, are thrown away regardless of their health or usability, even if brand new.
- An intense cleaning session using the highest quality cleaning agents available to modern manufacturing ensues, steam tanking and hand cleaning these parts for up to 8 hours.
- We begin our inspection of the few remaining core hard parts to ensure that they are 100% re-usable, unworn and undamaged. Should a core part (such as a case) be irreparably deficient or unusable, it is properly discarded and replaced with a brand new one.
- At this point, the assembly process begins. All components consistent with your build sheet are staged and the proper machining, assembly and calibration of the product begins.
- Upon completion of all assembly, applicable components are individually tested on their respective machinery to ensure proper function and integrity, specifically hydraulics and electronics.
- At this point, final assembly begins. All pre-assembled internal components are then completed within the case, tested and forwarded to quality assurance.
- Prior to leaving our facility, a separate team member then inspects the final product, ensuring that the product matched the build sheet, and finishing touches like sensors or pan bolts are retorqued to assure future success for our product.
- At this point, the completed transmission is crated, the logistics of delivering your product are coordinated, and the item will proceed to shipping to prepare for embark to it’s new home.
- Upon completion of the 9 previous steps, you will receive notification of the product’s completion, passage of our quality control measures, and tracking information once applicable!
Xtreme Tow™ 10R140 Build Specifications:
- Billet Lockup Apply Piston
- Xtreme Tow™ Twin Friction Torque Converter
- Custom Stall Speed
- Billet CNC Machined Stator
- Twin Friction Lockup Mechanism
- High Energy Custom A Clutch Stackup
High Energy Custom B Clutch Stackup
High Energy Custom C Clutch Stackup
High Energy Custom D Clutch Stackup
High Energy Custom E Clutch Stackup
High Energy Custom F Clutch Stackup
- Next Gen Drivetrain SpeedSync™ Laser Cut A Clutch Steels
- Next Gen Drivetrain SpeedSync™ Laser Cut B Clutch Steels
- Next Gen Drivetrain SpeedSync™ Laser Cut C Clutch Steels
- Next Gen Drivetrain SpeedSync™ Laser Cut D Clutch Steels
- Next Gen Drivetrain SpeedSync™ Laser Cut E Clutch Steels
- Next Gen Drivetrain SpeedSync™ Laser Cut F Clutch Steels
- Deep Transmission Pan
- OEM Solenoid Set
- OEM Speed Sensor Set
- OEM Internal Wiring Harness
- OEM Gasket & Seal Set
- OEM Filter Set
- OEM Bushing Set
- OEM Thorrington Roller Bearing Set
- Project Carbon High Pressure Oil Pump Assembly w/ Steel Pump Gear
- Project Carbon High Pressure Valve Body Assembly
It's no secret that the Ford 10R140 Transmission was simply not prepared for life as it came from the factory. Clients seeking to run larger tires, tow frequently, implement tuning or any other strenuous addition to the vehicle are bound to see immediate inhibitions to the shift quality of the transmission and will be destined for repeated transmission failure. Our Xtreme Tow™ transmission is designed to resolve these concerns for clients whose priorities are utility, longevity and enhanced durability. Still have questions? Call in and speak to one of our experts!