This is the “Formula One” series of our Allison Transmission lineup. The Allison 1000 and 2000 series transmission is easily one of the most reliable and trustworthy transmissions that currently graces the diesel truck world. However, as with all great mechanical inventions, it is not invincible. It is a promising source of valve seizure, electronic failures and stator failure inside the torque converter, to say the very least.
Fortunately, we have gone back to the drawing board in the interest of creating a product where the priorities of power capability, durability and performance were all the largest priorities. The result was our exciting and powerful “Formula One” Allison Transmission.
Note: This is a complete transmission, not a rebuild kit. If you would like to build this transmission at home yourself, or have a transmission shop that you’d like to have build your transmission, you can use our rebuild kit version of this transmission. You can see the “Formula One” Allison Rebuild Kit here:
>>> Formula One Allison w/ Torque Converter (Rebuild Kit - 1200)
This unit is best for:
- Street Racing/Competing
- Sled Pulling/Drag Racing
- Moderate to Ultra-High Power Increases
- Fast Shifting and Responsive Clutch Materials
- Freeway Pulls/Boost Launches
- Very Firm but Predictable Shifts
Our 10-Step Transmission Remanufacturing Process:
- The first step in our remanufacturing process is a complete and total disassembly and inspection of all internal components, including the torque converter, geartrain, hydraulics, clutches and/or electronics.
- All wear components, such as bushings, bearings, washers, gaskets, seals, O-Rings, clutches, steels and more, are thrown away regardless of their health or usability, even if brand new.
- An intense cleaning session using the highest quality cleaning agents available to modern manufacturing ensues, steam tanking and hand cleaning these parts for up to 8 hours.
- We begin our inspection of the few remaining core hard parts to ensure that they are 100% re-usable, unworn and undamaged. Should a core part (such as a case) be irreparably deficient or unusable, it is properly discarded and replaced with a brand new one.
- At this point, the assembly process begins. All components consistent with your build sheet are staged and the proper machining, assembly and calibration of the product begins.
- Upon completion of all assembly, applicable components are individually tested on their respective machinery to ensure proper function and integrity, specifically hydraulics and electronics.
- At this point, final assembly begins. All pre-assembled internal components are then completed within the case, tested and forwarded to quality assurance.
- Prior to leaving our facility, a separate team member then inspects the final product, ensuring that the product matched the build sheet, and finishing touches like sensors or pan bolts are retorqued to assure future success for our product.
- At this point, the completed transmission is crated, the logistics of delivering your product are coordinated, and the item will proceed to shipping to prepare for embark to it’s new home.
- Upon completion of the 9 previous steps, you will receive notification of the product’s completion, passage of our quality control measures, and tracking information once applicable!
Formula One Allison Build Specifications:
- Billet “Formula One” Torque Converter
- Billet Lockup Apply Piston
- Custom Clutch and Steel Stack-Ups w/ Added Clutches
- Billet Turbine Hub
- Billet CNC Machined Stator
- Billet Torque Converter Cover
- Billet Triple Disk Lockup Mechanism
- Updated C3/C4 Pistons
- Molded Apply Piston Kit
- Billet SFI Approved Flexplate
- Billet 300M Input Shaft
- Billet Intermediate Shaft
- Billet Output Shaft
- FULL Billet P2 Assembly
- Billet P3 Carrier
- Billet Oversized C2 Clutch Hub
- Billet P3 Assembly (Increases RPM range of 1st gear)
- Billet C1 Clutch Backing Plate
- Billet C2 Clutch Backing Plate
- Billet C3 Clutch Backing Plate
- Billet C4 Clutch Backing Plate
- Alto C1 Clutches w/ Added Frictions
- Alto C2 Clutches w/ Added Frictions
- Alto C3 Clutches w/ Added Frictions
- Alto C4 Clutches w/ Added Frictions
- Alto C5 Clutch Kit
- Allison OEM Thrust Washer Kit
- Billet PTO Covers w/ Self Oiling Fins
- Precision Machined C2 Sun Gear
- Steel Ground C2 Valve w/ Recalibrated Springs
- Steel Ground C3 Valve w/ Recalibrated Springs
- Recalibrated Pump Springs
- Extra Deep Transmission Pan
- Custom Oil Modification to Case
- Torrington OEM Roller Bearing Kit
- (2) Allison OEM Speed Sensors
- Allison OEM Manifold Pressure Switch
- Allison OEM Internal Wiring Harness
- Allison OEM Solenoid Set
- Allison OEM Paper/Rubber Gasket & Seal Kit
Despite it’s acknowledgeable shortcomings, the Allison does have all of the ability to succeed and prosper. We believe that our Formula One Allison transmission is the best option available for someone who seeks a fast shifting, extreme duty unit that’s prepared for the challenge. For more assistance, ask one of our experts!