This is the “Competition” series of our 47RE transmission lineup. The 47RE is a very old transmission platform based on the foundation of the 727 TorqueFlite dating back to the 1960’s. This means that the 47RE is as old as it is outdated, and leaves much to be desired in terms of modern technologies that translate directly into longevity, performance or durability. Further, we’ve made an in-depth popular Buyer’s Guide to the 47RE and 48RE Valve Bodies here for your reference:
>>> [5.9L Cummins] 47RE & 48RE Complete Valve Body Teardown Inspection + Buyer’s Guide
Fortunately, we have gone back to the drawing board in the interest of creating a product where the priorities of longevity, durability and practical use were all equal. The result was our responsive and fast-shifting Competition 47RE Transmission.
Note: This is a complete transmission, not a rebuild kit. If you would like to build this transmission at home yourself, or have a transmission shop that you’d like to have build your transmission, you can use our rebuild kit version of this transmission. You can see the “Competition” 47RE Rebuild Kit here:
>>> Competition 47RE w/ Torque Converter (Rebuild Kit - 2000HP)
This unit is best for:
- Daily Driving
- Moderate to Extreme Power Increases
- Long-Lasting Clutch Materials
- Freeway Pulls/Boost Launching
- Very Firm but Predictable Shifts
Our 10-Step Transmission Remanufacturing Process:
- The first step in our remanufacturing process is a complete and total disassembly and inspection of all internal components, including the torque converter, geartrain, hydraulics, clutches and/or electronics.
- All wear components, such as bushings, bearings, washers, gaskets, seals, O-Rings, clutches, steels and more, are thrown away regardless of their health or usability, even if brand new.
- An intense cleaning session using the highest quality cleaning agents available to modern manufacturing ensues, steam tanking and hand cleaning these parts for up to 8 hours.
- We begin our inspection of the few remaining core hard parts to ensure that they are 100% re-usable, unworn and undamaged. Should a core part (such as a case) be irreparably deficient or unusable, it is properly discarded and replaced with a brand new one.
- At this point, the assembly process begins. All components consistent with your build sheet are staged and the proper machining, assembly and calibration of the product begins.
- Upon completion of all assembly, applicable components are individually tested on their respective machinery to ensure proper function and integrity, specifically hydraulics and electronics.
- At this point, final assembly begins. All pre-assembled internal components are then completed within the case, tested and forwarded to quality assurance.
- Prior to leaving our facility, a separate team member then inspects the final product, ensuring that the product matched the build sheet, and finishing touches like sensors or pan bolts are retorqued to assure future success for our product.
- At this point, the completed transmission is crated, the logistics of delivering your product are coordinated, and the item will proceed to shipping to prepare for embark to it’s new home.
- Upon completion of the 9 previous steps, you will receive notification of the product’s completion, passage of our quality control measures, and tracking information once applicable!
Competition 47RE Build Specifications:
- Billet “Formula One” Torque Converter
- Billet Lockup Apply Piston
- Raybestos High Performance Clutch and Steel Stack-Ups w/ Added Clutches
- Billet OD/Reverse Plate
- Billet Turbine Hub
- Billet CNC Machined Stator
- Billet Torque Converter Cover
- Billet Triple Disk Lockup Mechanism
- Billet SFI Approved Flexplate
- Billet 37 Spline SPD Input Shaft
- Billet Maraging Steel Intermediate Shaft
- Billet 29 Spline Output Shaft
- Billet Reaction Shell
- Custom Converter Clutch
- Billet Accumulator Piston Set
- Billet Forward Apply Piston
- Billet Direct Apply Piston
- Recalibrated Accumulator Spring Set
- Precision Flattened Valve Body Mating Surfaces
- Precision Flattened Oil Pump Mating Surfaces
- Steel Laser-Cut Separator Plate w/ Custom Oil Circuitry
- Steel Accumulator Girdle
- Extra Thick OD Snapring Update
- Next Gen Proprietary Drainback Circuit Modification
- Billet Band Lever
- Billet Band Strut
- Billet Band Anchor
- Billet Reverse Piston
- Conversion to 6-Pinion Steel Planetary Assemblies
- Rigid Style Updated High Performance Band
- Raybestos High Performance Forward Clutch & Steel Kit w/ Added Clutches
- Raybestos High Performance Direct Clutch & Steel Kit w/ Added Clutches
- Raybestos High Performance OD Direct Friction & Steel Kit w/ Added Clutches
- Raybestos High Performance OD Brake Friction & Steel Kit w/ Added Clutches
- Raybestos High Performance L/R Friction & Steel Kit
- OEM Reverse Band Assembly
- Governor Pressure Solenoid Update
- Bullet Style Detent Update
- Extra Deep Transmission Pan
- OEM Thrust Bearing Kit
- OEM Torrington Roller Bearing Kit
- OEM Speed Sensor
- Borg Warner Pressure Transducer
- OEM Lockup Solenoid
- OEM Overdrive Solenoid
- OEM Paper/Rubber Gasket & Seal Kit
- OEM Updated Anti-Cavitation Filter
The 47RE is nothing new, and neither are it’s problems. Fortunately, we have invested the time and understanding necessary to ensure that this transmission succeeds for the future. Through the modifications we perform to the hydraulics, friction elements, electronics and otherwise, we believe our Competition 47RE is ready for the challenge. If you have further questions, feel free to call and talk to one of our experts!