This is our EconoMax® version of the newer Ford 10 Speed 10R140 Transmission. At this time, this is the only way we feel the 10R140 can be built to withstand factory power safely, without skipping out on potentially critical longevity upgrades as well. One thing that should be noted about the Ford 10R140 is that this transmission is a fraternal twin of the Allison 10L1000.
In fact, this transmissions internal components are largely interchangeable with those of the Allison. Though this is generally a robust and durable transmission, it is inundated with easy to address problems that simply require some data analysis and technical understanding.
Why Choose an EconoMax® Series Transmission?
EconoMax® Series transmissions are designed to rival the cost of an OEM replacement, but far more reliable, featuring all essentials necessary to withstand the test of time for factory power or lightly modified applications. These transmissions generally feature upgraded pumps, valve bodies, torque converters and friction materials whilst also consisting of a complete and total remanufacturing in excess of all OEM specifications.
EconoMax® Series transmissions shift smoothly, operate at comfortably low temperatures and are designed to optimize for longevity, low cost of lifetime maintenance and direct OEM compatibility. Further, they're highly affordable given their robust credentials.
You can find EconoMax® Series transmissions in everything from farm trucks, to construction vehicles to forever cars for your local family of 5. Their blend of concise shifts, low cost of maintenance and tremendous reliability make them an attractive option for the majority of people looking for an entry level transmission with top shelf reliability.
If that isn’t attractive enough, these transmissions feature a 2 year, unlimited mile warranty. We design these units to ensure that clients looking for an affordable and reliable alternative to OEM parts have access to a tremendous option. If you’re looking to take advantage of Next Gen Drivetrain™ technology at an accessible price-point, the EconoMax™ is an incredible choice.
Why Choose Next Gen Drivetrain, Inc.?
Next Gen Drivetrain, Inc. is a Veteran Owned and Operated company in gorgeous San Diego, California that specializes in engineering, developing and manufacturing the height of automotive transmission technology. Unlike most transmission companies that simply buy often foreign-made parts from their supplier, rebuild a transmission and sell it to you at an upcharge, Next Gen Drivetrain, Inc. is not a transmission shop or simple transmission rebuilding facility. We are an engineering and manufacturing firm specializing in automotive transmission technology, ranging from exotic imports to muscle cars to diesel trucks.
We’ve invented dozens and dozens of different unique transmission parts from nothing that are exclusive to , not to mention developing over 100 different custom transmission and torque converter build sheets. We do not sell our popular inventions such as our Project Carbon™ valve body upgrade kits to other large transmission companies, making Next Gen Drivetrain™ products truly unique to Next Gen Drivetrain™. Next Gen Drivetrain™ parts are proprietarily engineered in-house and manufactured right here in San Diego, California.
Further, everything we develop is designed to be the highest quality and best functioning component first, with all other metrics secondary. For example, things made of Aluminum will often be Steel or Tungsten at Next Gen Drivetrain™. Things that are cast at other companies will often be CNC Machined at Next Gen Drivetrain™, and so on. When purchasing a Next Gen Drivetrain™, you can be assured that you’ve chosen the most premium option available, far more than some basic updates and a colorful painted exterior.
We highly encourage you to compare our build sheets to any similarly priced product by a so-called “competitors” as you will see Next Gen Drivetrain™ products have no true equivalent, featuring the most extensive set of deliverables at their respective costs. Best of all, we are always just a phone call away, and happy to discuss your personal needs at length to ensure you’ll love your new product. Procuring your transmission through Next Gen Drivetrain™ is truly boutique experience. Call in and speak to an expert today!
EconoMax® Products are Best For:
- Stock to Light Power Increases
- Daily Driving
- Slightly Firmer Than Stock Shifts
- Faster Shifting
- Commercial/Industrial Use
- Ultra-High Longevity
- Low Cost of Lifetime Maintenance
- Low Operating Temperatures
Our 10-Step Remanufacturing Process:
- The first step in our remanufacturing process is a complete and total disassembly and inspection of all internal components, including the torque converter, geartrain, hydraulics, clutches and/or electronics.
- All wear components, such as bushings, bearings, washers, gaskets, seals, O-Rings, clutches, steels and more, are thrown away regardless of their health or usability, even if brand new.
- An intense cleaning session using the highest quality cleaning agents available to modern manufacturing ensues, steam tanking and hand cleaning these parts for up to 8 hours.
- We begin our inspection of the few remaining core hard parts to ensure that they are 100% re-usable, unworn and undamaged. Should a core part (such as a case) be irreparably deficient or unusable, it is properly discarded and replaced with a brand new one.
- At this point, the assembly process begins. All components consistent with your build sheet are staged and the proper machining, assembly and calibration of the product begins.
- Upon completion of all assembly, applicable components are individually tested on their respective machinery to ensure proper function and integrity, specifically hydraulics and electronics.
- At this point, final assembly begins. All pre-assembled internal components are then completed within the case, tested and forwarded to quality assurance.
- Prior to leaving our facility, a separate team member then inspects the final product, ensuring that the product matched the build sheet, and finishing touches like sensors or pan bolts are retorqued to assure future success for our product.
- At this point, the completed transmission is crated, the logistics of delivering your product are coordinated, and the item will proceed to shipping to prepare for embark to it’s new home.
- Upon completion of the 9 previous steps, you will receive notification of the product’s completion, passage of our quality control measures, and tracking information once applicable!
EconoMax® 10R140 Build Specifications:
- Billet Stator Xtreme Tow™ Torque Converter Assembly
- CNC Machined Stator Assembly
- Billet Twin Friction Lockup Mechanism
- Billet Apply Piston
- Billet Impeller Hub
- Billet Steel Secondary Pump Gear
- Billet Steel C Clutch Backing Plate
- Furnace Brazed Impeller & Pump Fins
- Exedy High Energy A Friction Set
- Exedy High Energy B Friction Set
- Exedy High Energy C Friction Set
- Exedy High Energy D Friction Set
- Exedy High Energy E Friction Set
- Exedy High Energy F Friction Set
- SpeedSync™ A Steel Set
- SpeedSync™ B Steel Set
- SpeedSync™ C Steel Set
- SpeedSync™ D Steel Set
- SpeedSync™ E Steel Set
- SpeedSync™ F Steel Set
- Steel NeverLeak™ LPC Accumulator System
- Steel NeverLeak™ Pressure Regulator Valve w/ Recalibrated Spring
- Laser Cut Crushing Valve Body Separator Plate
- Separator Plate Gasket Set
- Bronze Bushings w/ No-Walk Case Bushing Update
- Anti-Walk C-D-F Drum Assembly Update
- Precision Flattening of All Mating Surfaces
- Cast Aluminum Deep Pan w/ Drain Plug (Diesel Only)
- New OEM Pressure Switch
- New OEM Thrust Washer Set
- New OEM Solenoid Set
- New OEM Range Sensor
- New OEM Variable Speed Sensor
- New OEM Turbine Speed Sensor
- New OEM Input Speed Sensor
- New OEM Output Speed Sensor
- New OEM Paper & Rubber Gasket Set
- New OEM Piston Set
- New OEM Internal Wiring Harness
- Project Carbon™ Valve Body Assembly w/ Billet Retainers
- Project Carbon™ Secondary Pump Assembly w/ Hardened Steel Veins
Do not be fooled by counterfeit quality Ford 10R140 transmissions. Regardless of your application, Next Gen Drivetrain™ is committed to engineering and manufacturing the most reliable, high quality transmissions achievable for these complex and unique units. Still have questions? Call in and speak to an expert today!