Known as one of the most probable failure points in the GM 10L80-E transmission, the torque converter assembly is notorious for robbing you of power, especially at lower speeds. Further, the OEM torque converter has terrible longevity. At Next Gen, we've performed an extraordinary amount of research and development to ensure we offer unique and ultra-durable solutions to these known issues. Our ultra-durable EconoMax™ Torque Converter is the premier option for any 10L80-E transmission.
This unit is best for:
- Daily Driving
- Stock to Light Power Increases
- Long-Lasting Clutch Materials
- Boost Launching/Freeway Pulls
- Firm but Predictable Shifts
- Commercial/Industrial Use
- Heavy Payload
Our 10-Step Torque Converter Remanufacturing Process:
- The first step in our remanufacturing process is a complete and total disassembly and inspection of all internal components, including the pump, turbine, TCC, Stator, Sprag and Hubs.
- All wear components, such as bushings, bearings, washers, gaskets, seals, O-Rings, clutches, steels and more, are thrown away regardless of their health or usability, even if brand new.
- An intense cleaning session using the highest quality cleaning agents available to modern manufacturing ensues, steam tanking and hand cleaning these parts for up to 8 hours.
- We begin our inspection of the few remaining core hard parts to ensure that they are 100% re-usable, unworn and undamaged. Should a core part (such as a pump) be irreparably deficient or unusable, it is properly discarded and replaced with a brand new one.
- At this point, the assembly process begins. All components consistent with your build sheet are staged and the proper machining, assembly and calibration of the product begins.
- Upon completion of all assembly, applicable components are individually tested on their respective machinery to ensure proper function, balance and integrity, specifically hydraulics and electronics.
- At this point, final assembly begins. All pre-assembled internal components are then stacked, welded, balanced and tested one final time before being forwarded to quality assurance.
- Prior to leaving our facility, a separate team member then inspects the final product, ensuring that the product matched the build sheet, and finishing touches like deburring and weld marks are perfect and consistent with Next Gen standards.
- At this point, the completed Billet Torque Converter is boxed safely, and the logistics of delivering your product are coordinated, and the item will proceed to shipping to prepare for embark to it’s new home.
- Upon completion of the 9 previous steps, you will receive notification of the product’s completion, passage of our quality control measures, and tracking information once applicable!
EconoMax™ 10L80-E Torque Converter Build Specifications:
- Billet Impeller Hub
- Billet CNC Machined Stator
- Raybestos High Performance Clutch Upgrade
- Custom Dampener Assembly
- OEM Torrington Roller Bearing Kit
- OEM Gasket & Seal Kit
If you're looking for the ultimate in daily drivable dampened
torque converter technology, the EconoMax™
Torque Converter for the 10L80-E transmission. This torque converter is designed to accommodate everything from daily driving to weekend partying, and all in-between. Have more questions? Call in and speak to one of our experts today!