The Allison 10L1000 Transmission is unfortunately not the bastion of reliability and durability that past Allison transmissions have proven to be. This joint venture amongst Ford and General Motors uses a unique and never seen before torque converter system that plagues the transmission with added heat, lost power and slower entry into lockup - slowing down the truck considerably.
Coveted as the most extensively upgraded products available, our "Project Carbon" torque converters are designed to mirror the desires of our target markets and their rigorous demands. At Next Gen, it is our priority to understand this transmission at its deepest level, and engineer resolutions for these known faults. To learn about our incredibly extensive research and development campaign for the 10L1000, check out our Drivetrain 101 installment on the Allison 10L1000 transmission!
>>> Allison 10L1000 Transmission • Problems & Solutions
This unit is best for:
- Daily Driving
- Stock to Extreme Power Increases
- Long-Lasting Clutch Materials
- Firm but Predictable Lockup
- Drag Racing/Sled Pulling
Our 10-Step Torque Converter Remanufacturing Process:
Allison 10L1000 "Project Carbon" Billet Triple Disk Torque Converter Build Specifications:
- The first step in our remanufacturing process is a complete and total disassembly and inspection of all internal components, including the lockup clutches, stator, sprag, turbine hub, impeller fins and cover.
- All wear components, such as bushings, bearings, washers, gaskets, seals, O-Rings, clutches, steels and more, are thrown away regardless of their health or usability, even if brand new.
- An intense cleaning session using the highest quality cleaning agents available to modern manufacturing ensues, steam tanking and hand cleaning these parts for up to 8 hours.
- We begin our inspection of the few remaining core hard parts to ensure that they are 100% re-usable, unworn and undamaged. Should a core part (such as a snap ring) be irreparably deficient or unusable, it is properly discarded and replaced with a brand new one.
- At this point, the assembly process begins. All components consistent with your build sheet are staged and the proper machining, assembly and calibration of the product begins.
- Upon completion of all assembly, applicable components are individually tested on their respective machinery to ensure proper function and integrity, specifically hydraulics and electronics.
- At this point, final assembly begins. All pre-assembled internal components are then stacked, measured for appropriate clearance, welded, air tested AND pressurized underwater to ensure no air exits into the water producing bubbles, and lastly forwarded to quality assurance.
- Prior to leaving our facility, a separate team member then inspects the final product, ensuring that the product matched the build sheet, and finishing touches like grease points or cover-to-pump bolts (if applicable) are retorqued to assure future success for our product.
- At this point, the completed torque converter is crated, the logistics of delivering your product are coordinated, and the item will proceed to shipping to prepare for embark to it’s new home.
- Upon completion of the 9 previous steps, you will receive notification of the product’s completion, passage of our quality control measures, and tracking information once applicable!
- Billet Cover
- Billet Lockup Apply Piston
- Billet Dampener Assembly
- Billet Turbine Hub
- Billet Impeller Hub
- CNC Machined Stator
- Laser Cut High Energy Triple Disk Lockup Mechanism
- Custom Stall Speed
- Furnace Brazed Impeller Fins
- New OEM Bearings
- New OEM Seals
- New OEM Lockup SealConclusion:
For someone seeking the most capable, customizable and durable torque converter achievable for the Allison 10L1000 transmission, the Project Carbon Billet Triple Disk torque converter is the executive option. This torque converter fits ALL 10L1000 transmissions fitted to any year of GM DuraMax that used the 10 Speed Allison. Have questions about stall speed or personal needs? Call in and speak to one of our experts today!