The "Formula One" Valve Body:
Welcome to the "Formula One" BMW Valve Body by Next Gen Drivetrain. The largest drivetrain problem in the BMW and more specifically the M community is undeniably the valve bodies. The valve body of the ZF8 Transmission used in modern BMW robs the car of both longevity and acceleration with lackluster and difficult to predict shifts. Due to these slow shifts, the car loses considerable acceleration potential during these critical changes of gear.
Further, these valve bodies are known to have extremely poor lifespans, often dying under warranty or immediately outside of warranty. When a valve body dies, it generally takes the transmission and torque converter with it. This inferiority is caused by the ZF8's "cost-cutting" design, and choice to use cheaper magnesium or aluminum components in lieu of steel or anodized aluminum alternatives that would simply cost more; out of step with the OEM's design culture.
In response, we brought our coveted Formula One valve bodies to the BMW community. This valve body features a host of modifications designed to prevent internal pressure leaks and inefficiencies that generate heat, slow down shift-time and decrease transmission lifespan. This combination of factors ensures that this valve body will make a noticeable improvement for anyone from a daily driver seeking enhanced reliability, to an all-out track application and everything in between.
A Valve Body for Everyone
At Next Gen, we are well aware that not all customers are seeking the same desired end state. Some customers seek the ability to drive their X5 M 25,000 miles a year, some want their M5 to break 9 seconds in the 1/4 mile. What is common is the desire for crisper and more engaged shifts, a more confident driving experience and to rid yourself of the classic BMW transmission fears we have all come to fear, dating back generations within the brand.
Fortunately, this product is designed for easy installation by virtually any shop or qualified technician. This valve body installs 100% drop-in to the inferior OEM valve body and requires no modifications or sacrifices to the vehicle's operability in any way, making this an excellent upgrade for any BMW.
This is a must-have for the following applications:
- Daily Driving
- Drag Race/Street Race
- General Enhancement
- Decreased Transmission Maintenance CostsThis BMW Valve Body will provide you with:- Faster Shifting- Crisper Clutch Handoffs- Faster Acceleration- Enhancement to Transmission Clutch Life
- Increased Clutch Holding Power
- Fixes Common Pressure Bleeds at High Temp/PressureFormula One BMW Valve Body Features:
- Billet Accumulator Piston Set
- Recalibrated Accumulator Piston Springs
- Anodized Priming Valve w/ Seal Update
- Billet Pressure Regulator Valve (Plugs loss of pressure at clutches)
- Billet End Plug Set
- Billet Internal End Plug Set
- O-Ringed End Plug Update
- OEM Solenoid SetConclusion: The Formula One BMW Valve Body is designed to encompass the best of what we have to offer; equally sufficing both the daily driving crowd, and the high performance crowd. Whether your priorities are longevity, performance, towing or otherwise, the Formula One valve body is the premier option! For more information, call in and speak to one of our experts.