- - Multiple Billet Stators for Various Stalls (1800-3000 Stocked)
- - Custom Pump and Turbine Modifications (in-house)
- - Tig Welding to Reinforce Furnace-brazed Fins
- - Proprietary Converter Clutches with Trapezoid Clutch Teeth (No Round Tabs)
- - CNC-Machined Billet Stators (1800-3000 RPM Stall)
- - 4140 Turbine Splines (Heat-treated Depending on Application)
- - Billet Steel and Aluminum Pistons
- - Forged Billet Cover Strength (Proprietary Raybestos Converter Clutch Plates)
- - Pressure-tested welds/spun-balanced to ensure highest quality
This triple disc torque converter for the 2007-Current 68RFE equipped 6.7L Cummins is manufactured and assembled at SunCoast. Boasting more than 3.4x the lockup clutch surface apply area over stock (8.7î vs. 29.7î) and distributing the load over three separate surface apply areas, SunCoast's triple disc converters are sure to put all of the power to the ground. Starting with a solid chunk of steel, the cover is machined to exact specifications. Utilizing SunCoast's exclusive trapezoidal teeth design, the lockup portion of the converter is seamlessly integrated into the cover, eliminating a weak point and common source SunCoast of chatter.
An upgraded billet lockup apply piston is able to transfer a much higher pressure to the lockup clutch without sacrificing durability. Instead of the factory-style plastic stator cap/thrust spacer, SunCoast utilizes a metal Torrington roller style bearing, which is better suited to take the heat, as well as wear and tear. The turbine assembly is TIG reinforced and heat-treated. This exponentially increases its lifespan under harsh conditions. Stall on this model is approximately 2000 RPM, and much more efficient at energy transfer than the factory offering.