This is our “Street” version of the new Ford 10 Speed 10R140 Transmission. At this time, this is the only way we feel the 10R140 can be built to withstand added power safely, without skipping out on potentially critical longevity upgrades as well. One thing that should be noted about the Ford 10R140 is that this transmission is a fraternal twin of the Allison 10L1000, although Ford is the mastermind behind most of the project.
In fact, this transmissions internal components are largely interchangeable with those of the Allison. Though this is a robust and durable transmission, it is inundated with easy to address problems that simply require some data analysis and technical understanding.
Our Street Series products are best for:
- Daily Driving
- Stock to Moderate Power Increases
- Long-Lasting Clutch Materials
- Freeway Pulls and Street Racing
- Firm but Predictable Shifts
Our 10-Step Remanufacturing Process:
- The first step in our remanufacturing process is a complete and total disassembly and inspection of all internal components, including the torque converter, geartrain, hydraulics, clutches and/or electronics.
- All wear components, such as bushings, bearings, washers, gaskets, seals, O-Rings, clutches, steels and more, are thrown away regardless of their health or usability, even if brand new.
- An intense cleaning session using the highest quality cleaning agents available to modern manufacturing ensues, steam tanking and hand cleaning these parts for up to 8 hours.
- We begin our inspection of the few remaining core hard parts to ensure that they are 100% re-usable, unworn and undamaged. Should a core part (such as a case) be irreparably deficient or unusable, it is properly discarded and replaced with a brand new one.
- At this point, the assembly process begins. All components consistent with your build sheet are staged and the proper machining, assembly and calibration of the product begins.
- Upon completion of all assembly, applicable components are individually tested on their respective machinery to ensure proper function and integrity, specifically hydraulics and electronics.
- At this point, final assembly begins. All pre-assembled internal components are then completed within the case, tested and forwarded to quality assurance.
- Prior to leaving our facility, a separate team member then inspects the final product, ensuring that the product matched the build sheet, and finishing touches like sensors or pan bolts are retorqued to assure future success for our product.
- At this point, the completed transmission is crated, the logistics of delivering your product are coordinated, and the item will proceed to shipping to prepare for embark to it’s new home.
- Upon completion of the 9 previous steps, you will receive notification of the product’s completion, passage of our quality control measures, and tracking information once applicable!
Street 10R140 Build Specifications:
- Billet Lockup Apply Piston
- Billet “E” Clutch Bub Assembly
- Billet CNC Machined Stator
- Billet Torque Converter Cover
- Triple Disk Lockup Mechanism
- Billet “E” Clutch Apply Piston
- 40% Added Clutch Apply Area to “E” Clutch
- 20% Added Clutch Apply Area to “F” Clutch
- 20% Added Clutch Apply Area to “C” Clutch
- Custom “A” Clutch Stackup
- Custom “B” Clutch Stackup
- Custom “C” Clutch Stackup
- Deep Transmission Pan
- OEM Electronics
- OEM Gasket & Seal Set
- OEM Filter Set