This is the coveted “Formula One” series of our 5R110 transmission lineup. The 5R110 is a very old transmission platform serving as a successor to the 4R100 and E40D; based on the foundation of the Ford AOD dating back to the 1970’s. This means that the 5R110 is many steps behind in modern technology. Further, it's stamped steel hubs and remarkably weak Direct and Overdrive sections prove to be catastrophically expensive failures as mileage creeps out of OE warranty.
Fortunately, we have gone back to the drawing board in the interest of creating a product where the priorities of power capacity, durability and shift quality were all equal. The result was our responsive and exciting 5R110 Transmission.
Note: This is a complete transmission, not a rebuild kit. If you would like to build this transmission at home yourself, or have a transmission shop that you’d like to have build your transmission, you can use our rebuild kit version of this transmission. You can see the “Formula One” 5R110 Rebuild Kit here:
>>> Formula One 5R110 Rebuild Kit w/ Torque Converter (1000HP)
This unit is best for:
- Street Rodding
- Sled-Pulling/Drag Racing
- Stock to Extreme Power Increases
- Long-Lasting Clutch Materials (Carbon)
- Freeway Pulls/Boost Launching
- Firm but Predictable Shifts
Our 10-Step Transmission Remanufacturing Process:
- The first step in our remanufacturing process is a complete and total disassembly and inspection of all internal components, including the torque converter, geartrain, hydraulics, clutches and/or electronics.
- All wear components, such as bushings, bearings, washers, gaskets, seals, O-Rings, clutches, steels and more, are thrown away regardless of their health or usability, even if brand new.
- An intense cleaning session using the highest quality cleaning agents available to modern manufacturing ensues, steam tanking and hand cleaning these parts for up to 8 hours.
- We begin our inspection of the few remaining core hard parts to ensure that they are 100% re-usable, unworn and undamaged. Should a core part (such as a case) be irreparably deficient or unusable, it is properly discarded and replaced with a brand new one.
- At this point, the assembly process begins. All components consistent with your build sheet are staged and the proper machining, assembly and calibration of the product begins.
- Upon completion of all assembly, applicable components are individually tested on their respective machinery to ensure proper function and integrity, specifically hydraulics and electronics.
- At this point, final assembly begins. All pre-assembled internal components are then completed within the case, tested and forwarded to quality assurance.
- Prior to leaving our facility, a separate team member then inspects the final product, ensuring that the product matched the build sheet, and finishing touches like sensors or pan bolts are retorqued to assure future success for our product.
- At this point, the completed transmission is crated, the logistics of delivering your product are coordinated, and the item will proceed to shipping to prepare for embark to it’s new home.
- Upon completion of the 9 previous steps, you will receive notification of the product’s completion, passage of our quality control measures, and tracking information once applicable!
Formula One 5R110 Build Specifications:
- Billet “Formula One” Torque Converter
- Billet Lockup Apply Piston
- Raybestos High Performance Clutch and Steel Stack-Ups w/ Added Clutches
- Billet Direct Pressure Plate
- Billet Turbine Hub
- Billet CNC Machined Stator
- Billet Torque Converter Cover
- Billet Direct Backing Plate
- Billet Direct Apply Piston
- 5R110 Bulletproof Center Support Kit
- Billet Aluminum TCC Control Plunger Valve Sleeve
- Anodized TCC Control Plunger Valve
- Billet Triple Disk Lockup Mechanism
- Billet SFI Approved Flexplate
- Billet AERMET Input Shaft
- Billet Overdrive Planetary Assembly
- Custom Converter Clutch
- Billet 300M Intermediate Shaft w/ Reinforced Spline Ring
- Billet Internal End Plug Set
- Precision Flattened Valve Body Mating Surfaces
- Precision Flattened Oil Pump Mating Surfaces
- "Bulletproof5R" DIY Shift Kit
- CNC Laser Cut Formula One Separator Plate Set
- Next Gen Proprietary Drainback Circuit Modification
- Raybestos High Performance OD Clutch & Steel Kit w/ Added Clutches
- Raybestos High Performance Intermediate & Steel Kit w/ Added Clutches
- Raybestos High Performance Direct Friction & Steel Kit w/ Added Clutches
- Raybestos High Performance Forward Friction & Steel Kit w/ Added Clutches
- Raybestos High Performance L/R Friction & Steel Kit
- OEM Solenoid Set
- Extra Deep Transmission Pan
- OEM Torrington Roller Bearing Kit
- OEM Speed Sensors
- OEM Paper/Rubber Gasket & Seal Kit
- OEM Updated Anti-Cavitation Filter
- OEM Updated Internal Wiring Harness
The 5R110 is nothing new, and neither are it’s problems. Fortunately, we have invested the time and understanding necessary to ensure that this transmission succeeds for the future. Through the modifications we perform to the hydraulics, friction elements, electronics and otherwise, we believe our Formula One 5R110 is ready for the challenge. If you have further questions, feel free to call and talk to one of our experts!